Police find 43 pound woman

ITPjohn

SAC Class of 05
Premium Member
Reaction score
'Appalling' is an understatement. Mom could face up to four years in prison?!! :rl: I imagine that the daughter has been in a prison of her own for even longer. TSK TSK

Police find woman weighing 43 pounds - Yahoo! News

Police find woman weighing 43 pounds
Sat Dec 16, 8:13 PM ET

A 22-year-old developmentally disabled woman weighing only 43 pounds was found in a bedroom at her mother's home, and the mother was charged with abusing her, authorities said.

The woman was wearing only a T-shirt and four soiled diapers on a mattress stained with urine and feces, The Flint Journal reported Saturday. She was taken to Hurley Medical Center on Wednesday, where she was stable.

"It's just appalling," prosecutor David Leyton said.

The woman's mother, Theresa E. Terrell, 43, was charged with second-degree abuse of a vulnerable adult. A judge set cash bond at $25,000, and she was being held at the Genesee County Jail Saturday evening.

If convicted, she could be sentenced to up to four years in prison.

Police found the malnourished woman when they went to the house to look for a man in an unrelated assault complaint. Officers were searching the second floor when they were overwhelmed by a foul odor, Leyton said.

There was no response to a call seeking additional comment Saturday from Leyton's staff.

Jail records did not indicate whether Terrell had an attorney.

Copyright © 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. The information contained in the AP News report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press.

Copyright © 2006 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved.

No...dont put the mother to jail..Keep the bitch in her own basement and have her sleep, sit, and eat around her urine and feces for years and years. I think that punishment would fit her crime. Jail is too easy. Make her suffer just like she made her daughter suffer. Damn fucking stupid people who abuse children. They are sick sick sick people!

43punds?
unbelievable that she's still alive....
oh god...
I'm speechless...

I don't understand how people can do that to their own children..
hm

This is so sad. If she need help she sould have asked someone.
There seems to be alot parents abusing their childern.

No...dont put the mother to jail..Keep the bitch in her own basement and have her sleep, sit, and eat around her urine and feces for years and years. I think that punishment would fit her crime. Jail is too easy. Make her suffer just like she made her daughter suffer. Damn fucking stupid people who abuse children. They are sick sick sick people!

I second that one. My heart goes out to her helpless daughter. I hope her get well soon and restarts her new chapter with plenty supports from the people.

Damn!

I would put the mother's head face down on the mattress where all her daughter's urine and feces are located at, and sniff it up for all I care, I have no respect for people who abuse their children. It's a shame that she only weight 43 pounds, and surprised she is still alive, glad someone found her before it was too late. :(

I am glad they found it before 43 yrs old woman die. They should stuff the mother in the closet and give only a water to live and see how she feel what she had done to her daughter. sigh

4 yrs in jail if guilty isnt enuff. Should more than 4 yrs.. Maybe 10 yrs or so!! sigh

I also agree with this. Its sick to think people are even capable of doing something like this . . .

Damn!

I would put the mother's head face down on the mattress where all her daughter's urine and feces are located at, and sniff it up for all I care.....

Yes Yes yes ... should do that!

i also agree completely on ur comment -- was thinking exactly that when i read the article :mad:

im glad the victim was found and rescued!

Right time, Right Place for that young woman but wrong time, wrong place for her mommy!

Damn that poor woman!! Yeah I agree with alot of people here..they should make her live like that..Or put her in a nasty hole in prison her full term there!!

oh wow.. 43 pounds?? she shoudl be lucky she is found alive.. dang.. thats sick of the momma to treat her own daughter like that? i agree with shel90 that the momma should be kept in basement for years and see how she feel for treating her own daughter like that? gosh! jail is too easy! sigh..

too many abuses going on nowadays.. we need to pray for that to be stopped.. sigh..

that not good for their mom who get abuse of their daughter and kept her in the basement if how going to the bathroom? and going somewhere with friends or family let her GO! and mom will be such as shame for abuse of kids im sure the mom will get in BIG HELL for sakes!

Back