Police device used to steal your iphone data and other cellphone? WTF...

Evo Dragon

Reaction score
Police Device Used To Steal Your Cell Phone Data During Traffic Stop - Translogic

cellbrite-scanner.jpg

applantern1.jpg

Uhm, I hope that isn't true... Total invasion of privacy.

Total police state now?

They've done worse. In traffic court a DA actually told the judge what my friend's text messages was right after the accident, tried to portray her as a racist. I was in total shock when I saw that.

This was done without any equipment.

One of many reasons I decided to go phone-off.

Well from what I read it only happens if they have the warrant to take your phone away for evidence in more serious crimes. If it's just a simple speeding or illegal traffic activity pull over, that is not neccessary.

Well from what I read it only happens if they have the warrant to take your phone away for evidence in more serious crimes. If it's just a simple speeding or illegal traffic activity pull over, that is not neccessary.

They did it to my friend without a warrant though.

Get this, they tried to protray her as racist because she texted her mom and said "This white woman hit my car."

That's one of the reason why I don't want pager. Even without police there are people out there that is snooping in your private lives when you have pager.

I am oppose to increasing police state. 250 years ago our American forefathers fought for freedom from government controls. Now that public is encouraging government destroying our freedom by lurking and telling others how they should live. This is absurd and needs to be stopped.

Time to totally revamp the government system defrag all corruption. Those corrupted government employees of ALL levels needs to be terminated. Plus those needs to get their noses out of public's lives.

Hey Highlander, You better hide your pager stay away from Cops. They know your speeding ticket history. haha! :laugh2:

I found some forum from hearies.....

"this is being used in california as well. not for a traffic ticket unless "probable cause" exists. probable cause means the officer "thought" he smelt marijuana. the 10 cases that actually took it all the way to court (since there was no marijuana) were re-buffed by the officer (being compensated at time + 1/2) claimed he was concerned for the drivers safety. in fact in palo alto ca, where there are many protected trees, one tree has grown through the whole sidewalk so you have to walk around it (slightly into the street). the cop stopped the guy, ticketed him, scraped his phone and won the fucking case despite pictures of the 10 foot wide redwood which is protected is not even native to that part of california.

if history really does repeat itself, iphone's user tracking is sanctioned by the government, and any civil cases they may lose will be reimbursed by the tax payers under the table. they are not tracking people without permission. "

*smh*....

Back