Pledge Eric Douglas Jindra of Alpha Sigma Pi Fraternity

Crazymanw00t

Reaction score
I am pledge of Alpha Sigma Pi Fraternity at Gallaudet University. I will be very busy for while. That means that I will not be able to response your comments really quick with good vaild information. So please be paitent with me.

http://organizations.gallaudet.edu/ASP/

Takecare

You're saying that because you're pledging, you won't have time to be here in AllDeaf? What could they possibly do to take up all of your time?

VamPyroX said:
You're saying that because you're pledging, you won't have time to be here in AllDeaf? What could they possibly do to take up all of your time?
We probably don't want to know. :jaw:

I'm so curious because you proclaim under your avatar,

Jesus Christ is my LORD!

I've had some hindsight experience from a few ASP Deaf people and they were telling me how they loved Gallaudet becuase of their partying years there. ASP Deaf people were telling me how they really loved their pledge experience as they had partying as well, it's common knowledge you will drink.

My question is.. Aren't you being hypocritical by pledging/wanting to join a fraternity & sacrifice your faith to your religion?

Crazymanw00t said:
I am pledge of Alpha Sigma Pi Fraternity at Gallaudet University. I will be very busy for while. That means that I will not be able to response your comments really quick with good vaild information. So please be paitent with me.

Good luck. As a pledge, they'll keep you busy with activities, but not so much that you'll have to sacrifice AllDeaf. It's the fact that you'll be busy with so many OTHER things on TOP of pledging, so I understand if you make AllDeaf a lower priority than pledging.

One piece of advice -- please DON'T share everything about your pledge experience with us. Many things ASP will share with you is meant for their members only, and it diminishes the experience when you share that info outside of the membership.

My question is.. Aren't you being hypocritical by pledging/wanting to join a fraternity & sacrifice your faith to your religion?

No, there are plenty of people who join fraternities and maintain their religious beliefs. Joining a greek organization does not contradict ones beliefs -- in fact, they should be compatible and complementary if one is to continue being active after joining.

So, no, it's not hypocritical. Why do you believe that it is? Have you ever joined a greek organization?

Dennis said:
So, no, it's not hypocritical. Why do you believe that it is? Have you ever joined a greek organization?

Thank you for verifying it with me however I have been made privy of ASP's pledging process and what ASP does. The pledge experience I've been made privy to as well.

Crazymanw00t, have fun with the DE pledge sisters.

Thank you, Dennis.

You answered the question for me. Yes I know about the private information thing and do not worry about it. Thank you for your advice.

Congrats on pledging with ASP! It is one fine fraternal organization. (I'm not a member, though.) Here's to a positive pledging experience for you!

Crazyman,

I hope you know that I was teasing you.

I was able to maintain my Christian testimony when I went thru chiefs' initiation in the Navy. You can too, and people will respect you for it. Stand strong for your beliefs but with a humble attitude, and you will be fine.

Back