Please tell Blu-Ray to support Closed Caption CC

I am not happy with some Blu-Ray movie which is not offer SDH.

you said "2. SDH with no black background SUCKS! It is hard to read."

new SDH had Black background since last Dec (2009)

http://www.alldeaf.com/captioning-s...974-final-sdh-had-black-soild-background.html

SDH had Black Background on DVD but I don't know Blu-Ray had it too

You guys have your preferences between CC and SDH.

My gripe with SDH is that it has few negatives.

1. MOST SDH do not have "positional" texts. such as right, left, top, bottom, etc so we will know who is speaking. All in the middle has confused me alot of times on who is speaking.

2. SDH with no black background SUCKS! It is hard to read.

3. SDH does not ALWAYS show full background noise. For example, movie: Zombieland it shows [yelling] but it does not show "banging on door" I was confused why did the guy answer the door? I asked my hearing friend, he said yes somebody was banging on the door. OHHHHH..... I'm pissed... I think on around 14 minutes into the movie if you want to check it out.

4. Most quite simply the worse that pisses me off. I HAVE TO TURN ON SDH ON EVERY MOVIE. With CC, it's already turned on and auto shown.

My deaf kids know how to turn on the TV and they have CC. But if they turn on blu-ray and they dont know how to turn on Subtitles and they cant read perfect, maybe choose wrong language?

ALSO I HATE TO TURN IT ON EVERY TIME. Not fair that hearing people turn on TV or Blu-Ray and it auto have sound. BUT WE HAVE TO TURN ON SDH EVERY TIME.. WHY??

KEEP CC because it is auto and it simply works. NOBODY COMPLAINED ABOUT CC. But alot of people complain about subtitles.

PEROID.

You guys have your preferences between CC and SDH.

My gripe with SDH is that it has few negatives.

1. MOST SDH do not have "positional" texts. such as right, left, top, bottom, etc so we will know who is speaking. All in the middle has confused me alot of times on who is speaking.

2. SDH with no black background SUCKS! It is hard to read.

3. SDH does not ALWAYS show full background noise. For example, movie: Zombieland it shows [yelling] but it does not show "banging on door" I was confused why did the guy answer the door? I asked my hearing friend, he said yes somebody was banging on the door. OHHHHH..... I'm pissed... I think on around 14 minutes into the movie if you want to check it out.

4. Most quite simply the worse that pisses me off. I HAVE TO TURN ON SDH ON EVERY MOVIE. With CC, it's already turned on and auto shown.

My deaf kids know how to turn on the TV and they have CC. But if they turn on blu-ray and they dont know how to turn on Subtitles and they cant read perfect, maybe choose wrong language?

ALSO I HATE TO TURN IT ON EVERY TIME. Not fair that hearing people turn on TV or Blu-Ray and it auto have sound. BUT WE HAVE TO TURN ON SDH EVERY TIME.. WHY??

KEEP CC because it is auto and it simply works. NOBODY COMPLAINED ABOUT CC. But alot of people complain about subtitles.

PEROID.

you said "2. SDH with no black background SUCKS! It is hard to read."

new SDH had Black background since last Dec (2009)

http://www.alldeaf.com/captioning-s...974-final-sdh-had-black-soild-background.html

SDH had Black Background on DVD but I don't know Blu-Ray had it too

Time for you learn to cope with change in technologies and give a more time to watch so you will get used with it, just like new desk chair, keyboard, mouse, shoe, iPhone virtual keyboard, etc.

If you can't so sticking with DVD and no one force you to buy blu-ray movies.

Blu-ray movies and HD shows are necessary for HDTV that's over 40-50 inches.

I agree with gambitz though.

Well on part that SDH tends to miss some important background sounds.

Like in Clash of the Titans remake, there was a character that told other character to "calm down." But the situation didn't make sense unless you can hear. Someone who watched the movie with me, actually had to explain to me, that in scene it's because there was background sound of a heart beating fast. SDH didn't even tell that to deaf people. O.o Seriously, it's 2010 and yet I still have to have someone "interpret" for me, what's going on with that scene in the movie, what on the earth is wrong with this picture?

It's that bad.

Sure I can get used to a new style, but I am pretty sure I never asked to have it going backward...no position, missing important sounds, fonts too big, etc.

Back