Please sign a petition to FCC for require online provide must be CC

I did sign on petition! I done! :D

Does the FCC have regulatory control over internet downloads?

Does the NAD already have a similar petition?

Just asking.

FCC does not control online media. FCC only controls the live media like thru radio, TV, etc. The huge issue is that the content developers don't pay attention to add closed captions while the closed caption feature has been around for a long time for online media. It's up to the content developers to add closed captions for downloadable media/on demand media on the internet. There is no law for that...so we have to act up and create a REAL petition and go out and ask people to sign it and submit it to the right place...

I almost never watch tv but I'm for captions to all that need.

Even though I can understand the programs without captions better than I could with my hearing aid, I have poor auditory memory and I find I remember things much better with captions on.

true.

but there's better sources than cnn.

democracynow.org?

I'm for captions of any shows not just my favorite shows. I want all shows to be available to deaf even if some are not exactly reliable. I can't stand the Jerry Springer show and I've never lasted more than five minitues watching it but that doesn't mean that it shouldn't be captioned.

Finished. and petitions do work. In order to get congress to consider a bill....usually petitions is what gets them to understand how many people wants this to be done.

my concern is whether if the congress has the constitutional rights to enforce such a law should it ever be passed. if it is unconstitutional, then i would not petition it. the only way is through writing to the broadcasting companies. how many of you have thought of that? if they refuse, then boycotting would be in order.

ahh, imagine if ron paul was president. we'd be living our lives for a greater cause... every single day. ;D

A.D.A laws falls under that category. It is not a question of the writers or anything it is the LAW that if it is provided for the hearing then it should be accessible to the Deaf. like I said the petition should work due to it falls under the A.D.A law. Why do you think all T.V's have CC built into them now.

Would this include x rated and r rated videos online? not trying to be perverted just curious.

It is not going work that way...

Problem is that FCC needs the name, home address, and phone number if provide or email. It proof of where you live instead just first and last name.

However, you can email to NAD.org about that beside they are talking about that.

I don't think this petition isn't BS.

only online you can actual purchase and watch movies with CC....

iTunes! There are only 26 LEGAL movies with CC available. Unless someone know other video online with CC. I know there is one tv show have CC show is HEROES at nbc dot com however, the "closed caption" isn't quiet exactly it is. Ugh uncomfortable on two split column.

Does iTunes give out for them to watch free TV shows on the internet?

I thought that the iTunes is for anyone to buy movies and music thru this service.

Does iTunes give out for them to watch free TV shows on the internet?

I thought that the iTunes is for anyone to buy movies and music thru this service.

yeah, sometime iTunes have free music, tv show and movies sometime... Most of them don't support CC. argh.

Only free you can find "technocato" thry iTunes search, it's documents like discovery. CC are really nice.

Back