Please sign a petition to FCC for require online provide must be CC

Even if we get loads of signatures and the FCC does exactly what we ask, the TV networks are going to jump around this to pinch any pennies they can. This is why there's a writers strike right now. Every time a TV program is aired on TV, the people who wrote it get a small ammount of money. However with the shows that are online now the writers get absolutely nothing. The networks are saying "but it's only a promotion" and soforth. They'll do the same with closed captions.

I don't think that petition would be work, there's numerous of petition was signed about everything aren't help or work.

You just need ask congress to create a new bill instead of ask anyone to sign on petition.

Signed! Come on you guys! Rather than coming up with numerous reasons why it won't work, why not take the 10 seconds required and sign?

online petition isn't 100% successful.

What you need is.. get real people in person to sign (yes, the actual handwritten) the form and sent to the congress. It make great effect to make thing happen.

online petition isn't 100% successful.

What you need is.. get real people in person to sign (yes, the actual handwritten) the form and sent to the congress. It make great effect to make thing happen.

More excuses. NAD uses online petitions all the time regading advocacy issues. They are directed to the proper legislative body, and I have gotten numerous email confirmations that my sig has been received, as well as replies in email from the governing body.

Does the FCC have regulatory control over internet downloads?

Does the NAD already have a similar petition?

Just asking.

Does the FCC have regulatory control over internet downloads?

Does the NAD already have a similar petition?

Just asking.

Yes, and I am not sure, but will check. BTW, already received email confirmation for my sig on this petition.

Yes, and I am not sure, but will check. BTW, already received email confirmation for my sig on this petition.
It's too bad that the petition doesn't cite the relevant FCC department or regulation.

I'm kind of leery of online petitions, especially after reading what Snopes says about them.

Urban Legends Reference Pages: Internet Petitions

I guess they don't hurt, and they are useful if people follow up their signatures with a handwritten letter to the agency involved.

More excuses. NAD uses online petitions all the time regading advocacy issues. They are directed to the proper legislative body, and I have gotten numerous email confirmations that my sig has been received, as well as replies in email from the governing body.

oh.. reba beat me. :)

Just signed it; hope it will get the needed attention.

I don't think this petition isn't BS.

I'm not talk about your. I'm talk about the online to use for petition that would not make good effect to FCC. You would have to create the form to have people sign up.

Look at Sorenson, they help and spread the mail to people to sign up and send to Washington DC. Then FCC put on froze on rate without cut on VRS. That's mighty effect!

I do wish CNN would caption their online video contents. Grr.

Back