Please, pray for my kids

babymakerdaddy

Reaction score
I was just told that my neighbor's son might have the chicken pox. You may ask, "Why then are we praying for your kids?" Good question. My wife babysits this boy 2 days a week, and he was over yesterday all day. My kids are 5 and 2 years old. Here is the big reason (and a little selfish) for prayer. We are flying to Florida on the 21st for vacation. We will not be able to go if the kids have the chicken pox. Our plane tickets are purchased, and can't be exchanged.

i'll be praying. have ur kids been giving shots to prevent chicken pox?
may the lord save ur family and have a merciful vacation to florida.

babymakerdaddy said:
I was just told that my neighbor's son might have the chicken pox. You may ask, "Why then are we praying for your kids?" Good question. My wife babysits this boy 2 days a week, and he was over yesterday all day. My kids are 5 and 2 years old. Here is the big reason (and a little selfish) for prayer. We are flying to Florida on the 21st for vacation. We will not be able to go if the kids have the chicken pox. Our plane tickets are purchased, and can't be exchanged.
Get a Lawyer and File a lawsuit against the airlines.Just like this guy did when he purchased tickets from the airlines at advance.Hepurchased tickets For his family to take a vacation to a colorado ski resort.Well the airline bumped him off the plane and he couldnt get another flight for 2 days.So he missed his vacation and his $4000 ski vacation so he sued the airlines but the airlines offered him 50% refund off his airfare he said thats not enough.So the Jury awarded him $100,000 Thats More than he barganed for. So why dont you take the airlines to court if they refuse to refund your ticket.

Buckdodgers said:
Get a Lawyer and File a lawsuit against the airlines.Just like this guy did when he purchased tickets from the airlines at advance.Hepurchased tickets For his family to take a vacation to a colorado ski resort.Well the airline bumped him off the plane and he couldnt get another flight for 2 days.So he missed his vacation and his $4000 ski vacation so he sued the airlines but the airlines offered him 50% refund off his airfare he said thats not enough.So the Jury awarded him $100,000 Thats More than he barganed for. So why dont you take the airlines to court if they refuse to refund your ticket.
are you former-ravensteve?

Good luck. I thought kids were immunized against it now. My 18 yr old wasn't, but the little tikes have been.

Aww i wish i knew what i can do for your little ones.. but i will pray for them.. :(

I pray that hope your kids will not get it from them .. but have to wait and see may will not be happen to having it from them .... so hopefully everything will goes to be turn out alright before go on vacation... you should have purchased with refundable ... yet who knows ! i will keep :fingersx: for you. :)

babymakerdaddy said:

Selfish reason or no, I'll keep you in my thoughts. Especially for the two year old. The infection is really hard on little ones.

Hope all is well!

zookeeper4321 said:
Good luck. I thought kids were immunized against it now. My 18 yr old wasn't, but the little tikes have been.

The vaccine doesn't afford total immunity to the infection; especially if you were vaccinated at a really young age. Even vaccinated, its possible to get the Chicken Pox.

Buckdodgers said:
Get a Lawyer and File a lawsuit against the airlines.

:roll: Why not sue the people whose kid gave theirs the chicken pox? Better yet, since I hate traffic, maybe I should sue every driver in front of me and those who insist on doing things that I don't like. Sure makes sense to me! :roll:

Oh boy, i would like to have my kids to have it to get over with. But pray hope ur kids don't get it, so you ALL can enjoy and not waste money either.

We did not get our kids vaccinated for 2 reasons:

1: The chicken pox vaccine is cultured in eggs. My son is allergic to eggs.

2: Like people have said, getting vaccinated doesn't mean that you will not get chicken pox.

My neighbor told us this morning that she thinks that her son doen't have the chicken pox, it may just be bug bites since they just got back from camping. We will have to be patient and wait and see what happens.

Oh i didn't know my son allergic to egg too. yikes.

True about vaccinated is not always to prevent u from chicken pox. that was myth. LOL

I always hear that its best to have littles ones to have chicken pox than older.

I pray its only bugs or rash on ur neighbor.

Aww!!

We are praying for your kids AND your wife, being pregnant is risk for any measles.. :)

by the way, our older kids have spots all over, we thought chicken pox.. but it was from the lake.. I forgot what it called.. critters .. or snitter.. i forgot how to pronoun it.. now almost all the lakes have that in that time of season because of weather.. hot and humid.. :)

Dont listen that "suing crap" thats part of Life, we live on, we goes on and it happened.. we have to accepted but will be nice if nothing conflicts or come in the way..

(what about change dates on tickets?)

I will keep that in my thought and prayer. I am sure you will find a way to have a nice vacation either way in a bad or good way.

DoofusMama said:
Aww!!

We are praying for your kids AND your wife, being pregnant is risk for any measles.. :)

by the way, our older kids have spots all over, we thought chicken pox.. but it was from the lake.. I forgot what it called.. critters .. or snitter.. i forgot how to pronoun it.. now almost all the lakes have that in that time of season because of weather.. hot and humid.. :)

Dont listen that "suing crap" thats part of Life, we live on, we goes on and it happened.. we have to accepted but will be nice if nothing conflicts or come in the way..

(what about change dates on tickets?)

We wouldn't sue any one over this. It's just not us to do that.

As for changing the dates, since my wife is pregnant and due in mid September, we would not be allowed (by her mid-wife) to fly after July (due to difficult labors). We wouldn't want to take the risk of being stuck in an airport, or even in the airplane, giving birth to Baby Jonathan.

Besides, our neighbors are even more sure that their son doesn't have the chicken pox, just bug bites. Sad for him, happy for us!

Back