Please help with a paper

Soonersseth

Reaction score
Hi I'm trying to write an argument paper saying that all movies should be captioned I was wondering if Captions in the theater are guaranteed under ADA ? Is the technology available to turn captions on and off like a tv at theaters ? And why don't they make all movie prints caption ready? Any info and a source would help.

:popcorn: :beer: You can tell every words why you are mad about movies not having caption. I am NO good with papers..

Why don't you go to a local theatre that has a chain nationwide like AMC theatre and talk with the manager. you can use the interview as your source. If the manager doesn't know much, then that means the ADA laws are not doing its job.... if you did a survey by asking most of your local movie theatre managers and see how much do they know about captioning... maybe the problem is with the HEADQUARTERS, not the individual theatre. if youw ant a CC for a theatre, then it is better to go straight to the HQ and inquire them about why they are not being "Deaf-friendly" et cetera...

Statistics in a paper make a good grade. :)

No, ADA does NOT require ALL to have caption. There is one loophole. And that is called "Financial hardship". So what this really means is that if a theatre is struggling to make ends meet and forcing them to add the CC would cause undue financial hardship and can get this theatre into bankruptcy. So that is the exception.

Soonersseth said:
Hi I'm trying to write an argument paper saying that all movies should be captioned I was wondering if Captions in the theater are guaranteed under ADA ? Is the technology available to turn captions on and off like a tv at theaters ? And why don't they make all movie prints caption ready? Any info and a source would help.

Back