Please Help Urge L'Oréal Not to Air Cruel Monkey Commercial

Peta campaign huh?

Curious, why you think this is worse than the captive populations of greater apes being analyzed and taught sign language?

There is only one way capture a baby ape , you have to kill it mother. My dad lived in Mexico jungle and he saw how monkeys were captured . Dad said it was horrible to see the mothers being killed so the babies could be
captured. I am against having moneys use as lab animals and I am against using any animals in labs. I will not give money to studies brain injuries as monkeys are hit on the heads with a heavy object to give them brain damage.

There is only one way capture a baby ape , you have to kill it mother. My dad lived in Mexico jungle and he saw how monkeys were captured . Dad said it was horrible to see the mothers being killed so the babies could be
captured. I am against having moneys use as lab animals and I am against using any animals in labs. I will not give money to studies brain injuries as monkeys are hit on the heads with a heavy object to give them brain damage.

YAY support!

BLeGAL2, I was speaking of options!!!! The black slaves in America were giving options and it was made possible. As sad as their situation was, they were still allow the option of staying in America as free or going back "home". Since you claim to be able to communicate with the chimp/ape, why not ask: "you want to stay here or go back 'home'?" Of course, you can expalin that going'home' is a death sentence but at least it is a choice/option.

YAY support!

:lol: How do you think she is supporting you??

She said she does not believe in animals in labs at all. The Washington facility for signing apes is a type of lab.

:lol: How do you think she is supporting you??

She said she does not believe in animals in labs at all. The Washington facility for signing apes is a type of lab.

labs do medical research. we are not a lab. we are a sanctuary. This is their home and they call it that. They get to play all day long. All of our research is on how they use their signs to interact with one another--and it is from video tapes, we never interrupt their days

BLeGAL2, I was speaking of options!!!! The black slaves in America were giving options and it was made possible. As sad as their situation was, they were still allow the option of staying in America as free or going back "home". Since you claim to be able to communicate with the chimp/ape, why not ask: "you want to stay here or go back 'home'?" Of course, you can expalin that going'home' is a death sentence but at least it is a choice/option.

We ask them everyday what they would like to do, and if they want they can ask to go out. When asked anything about home, they respond by asking for their foster parents, so they know where they are is home. They have seen videos of free living chimps and explanations of free living has been explained to them, but once they learned that they won't get their favorite foods out there, they asked to watch old videos of themselves again.
They do understand death for sure, but I doubt any of us would want to explain to them that they could die if released, death reminds them of their 2 older siblings that passed and ruins any fun play days they could have. But for sure, if there is a dead bird in the outside play area they will tell us-so they know death and living. The only person that would be allowed to ask such a serious question with the explanation of death in there would be their foster mom and pop, and to my knowledge it hasn't been done, but feel free to come to a chimposium and ask them yourself.

labs do medical research. we are not a lab. we are a sanctuary. This is their home and they call it that. They get to play all day long. All of our research is on how they use their signs to interact with one another--and it is from video tapes, we never interrupt their days

Not quite. It is a lab.

# lab: a workplace for the conduct of scientific research
# testing ground: a region resembling a laboratory inasmuch as it offers opportunities for observation
and practice and experimentation; "the new nation is a testing ground for socioeconomic theories"; "Pakistan is a laboratory for studying the use of American troops to combat terrorism"
wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

# A laboratory (informally, lab) is a facility that provides controlled conditions in which scientific research, experiments, and measurement may be performed. ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laboratory

define:laboratory - Google Search

OO a dictionary definition, like that will change my mind-NOPE. HA you can think whatever you want. You haven't been here, nor met them, or really even know what goes on day to day here, so what ever think what you want. MY OPINION its not a lab at all. Labs don't have the play room that we have, nor do they the enrichment that we do, or the communication that we do with them. Think what you want.

dictionary doesn't prove anything.
It defines culture as a human characteristic:
culture |ˈkəl ch ər|
noun
1 the arts and other manifestations of human intellectual achievement regarded collectively : 20th century popular culture.
• a refined understanding or appreciation of this : men of culture.
• the customs, arts, social institutions, and achievements of a particular nation, people, or other social group : Caribbean culture | people from many different cultures.

Even though culture has been proven to be within all ape and monkey communities, so yeah dictionaries don't know everything.

Bottesini is right. It's a lab.

Even if you're out in the field with only a net, with a pair of Wellington boots, armed a field guide and water-proof notepad wading through the marsh in middle of nowhere-- it's a lab.

Bottesini is right. It's a lab.

Even if you're out in the field with only a net, with a pair of Wellington boots, armed a field guide and water-proof notepad wading through the marsh in middle of nowhere-- it's a lab.

your crazy. no its not, that is called live data gathering... in a lab would not be since "live" in scientific terms means their natural home.

LIKE I SAID EARLIER THINK WHAT YOU WANT, but really, overall your opinion doesn't mean anything or change anything until you have come for a chimposium and seen FIRST hand the sanctuary. Then if someone doesn't like what we have done, we listen to their opinions and change things, but otherwise your opinion means nothing cause you don't know first hand what our sanctuary is doing day to day

OO a dictionary definition, like that will change my mind-NOPE. HA you can think whatever you want. You haven't been here, nor met them, or really even know what goes on day to day here, so what ever think what you want. MY OPINION its not a lab at all. Labs don't have the play room that we have, nor do they the enrichment that we do, or the communication that we do with them. Think what you want.

Great Ape Trust | Bonobos, Orangutans and the study of ape language, tools and intelligence

You certainly make a lot of assumptions about people.

Back