Please Help Me...

I use a wireless connection and Viable Vision, it works fine for me. I forget what model the webcam is, I'll have to check when I get home.

Yeah, I use wireless connection and Viable Vision also I use Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000, :lol:

Okay so it is highly likely that I will finally buy a webcam this week. So what is the final say- which cam is it? All I need is one that does not capture my movements in slow-motion; and I will spend no more than $60. Which is my ideal webcam model for me?

Mircosoft VX 3000 to Mircosoft VX 6000 should meet your needs of your $60 but it is highly recommended if you get this logitech QuickCam Pro 9000... if not meeting ur needs, try the 5000.

Glad to see you have taken the advice of members and gone 'back to basics' AquaBlue.

Best advice is still the real/human contact approach.
Nothing is as good as an actual Silent Dinner, Deaf Club, and so on...

There is nothing erong with online sign/chat - but - it lacks the intimate interaction of a real hands on event.

JMHO! :cool2:

I found out for certain that it is not my camera but my wireless connection. A computer geek told me that was my problem. So I am going to get a router and try it again. :)

I found a Logitek Quickcam Pro 9000 for like $80 on e-Cost, and I'm seriously going to order it. I just want to know if other people have had success using it for chat. My big concern is it records at 30 frames/sec; is that enough to provide clear sign language? I also have DSL, supposed to be high-speed, but I'm technologically challenged, so what do I know. An luck with the Pro 9000?

Thanks!

I found a Logitek Quickcam Pro 9000 for like $80 on e-Cost, and I'm seriously going to order it. I just want to know if other people have had success using it for chat. My big concern is it records at 30 frames/sec; is that enough to provide clear sign language? I also have DSL, supposed to be high-speed, but I'm technologically challenged, so what do I know. An luck with the Pro 9000?

Thanks!

Thirty frames per second should be enough. Movies are often made at 24 fps.

30 fps is more than enough - the Pro 9000 is the best webcam that works just fine on any program :)

Thanks!

You can order Logitech Quickcam Pro 9000 which is cheaper price in Ebay than e-Cost. You can buy it now or best offer. See this items in EBay

Logitech Quickcam Pro 9000, Desktop Laptop Accessories, Keyboards, Mice Input items on eBay.com

I already ordered new Logitech Quickcam 2.0 mp Notebook Pro by Ebay this morning. I won better offer to order at $49.95 plus shipping cost than $99 retail price. Not so bad. You try it.

I am close to getting my own high-speed modem so as to use the cam connection right. The wireless setup I now have makes my motions slow went I use the cam. I will get hooked-up soon so post now if you use oovoo and want to talk to me. Any other info I need to call you and vice versa, PM it. Thanks all.

This is all helping me so I can be able to do the same. Where I live it is hard to find any meetings. I have yet to have found one. That is why I am hoping to make some Deaf friends on here in my area.

Oovoo or camfrog, which one is better?

AquaBlue, have fun & don't forget to share your experience with us after you talk.. er sign with deaf/hoh people! :D

Boy I can't wait to start using my cam to sign with you all. Don't forget to email me your ooVoo username (if you wish).

have you tried Camfrog ?? There's also just hopping online with other ASL users one on one and chatting - ooVoo, viable vision, skype, etc all will allow you to view video feed via webcam ... it's important that you invest in a high res. camera if at all possible to help with the "blurr factor" ...

how are classes going ? which level are you in again ? and what text are you using ?

:gpost:

Back