Play of the day! Selfless young fan returns ball to upset boy

I just saw it captioned on national news. Maybe you can find their captioned video.

But it was very nice. Really a wonderful boy.

Awesome! I hope the two boys will become lifelong friends after this unselfish act of kindness.

Mark Grace! He is a drunken womanizer. I know a lot about former Cubs players. He is bad as Mickie Mantle was.

Mark Grace! He is a drunken womanizer. I know a lot about former Cubs players. He is bad as Mickie Mantle was.

Whaaaaa???? We're talking about the two kids in the stands. Both kids tried for the ball tossed to them, the older kid got it, a woman usher pointed out how disappointed the younger boy was, and older boy promptly walked down to the younger kid and gave him the ball.

And then ended up getting some good stuff from the team for his generosity, but that was just a bonus.

I assumed it was one of the kids, it doesn't make sense otherwise.

Whaaaaa???? We're talking about the two kids in the stands. Both kids tried for the ball tossed to them, the older kid got it, a woman usher pointed out how disappointed the younger boy was, and older boy promptly walked down to the younger kid and gave him the ball.

And then ended up getting some good stuff from the team for his generosity, but that was just a bonus.

:lol: Did you read the story and watch the video? I am talking about the broadcaster. :)

EDIT: Im glad the boys didnt fall over the railing. Kids have more common sense than grown men do.

EDIT: Mark Grace was one of my childhood favorite baseball players.

You know what, I thought about that too! About the kids not falling over the railing, that is.

Mark Grace's personal life, I couldn't care less about. It just seemed weird that I said "Someone raised that boy right" and you jumped into talking about Mark Grace being a womanizer. As if I had been talking about HIM raised right, for some reason.

You know what, I thought about that too! About the kids not falling over the railing, that is.

Mark Grace's personal life, I couldn't care less about. It just seemed weird that I said "Someone raised that boy right" and you jumped into talking about Mark Grace being a womanizer. As if I had been talking about HIM raised right, for some reason.

Sorry for confusing you. :lol: It is legendary what Grace did in Chicago.

I don't know who Mark Grace is, other than he is an announcer for Fox Sports Network. Beyond that, I don't know and frankly don't care. His personal life is his business to deal with.

Also, the older boy is a prime example of how we should live our lives - giving selflessly of ourselves so that someone else may benefit from our kindness. In return, because we have given selflessly of ourselves with the right motives, we will be rewarded for our kindness, just as this young man was. If I am not mistaken, all the kids were invited to the Fox Press Box to meet the announcers and to receive various goodies on behalf of the home team, correct? So, what could have been a selfish moment for one boy, now turned into a bright shining moment for all of them! I see several life lessons in this one simple act of kindness.

This kid is my new hero! I do hope that he is able to maintain such a great sense of empathy and caring as he grows into adulthood. The world needs more people like him.

Role model

ESPN was all over this story. The older boy did get some goodies for his deed. I'd rather hear about stuff like this than lockout BS or another athlete in trouble with cops.

Back