Planning Funeral

The*Empress

Reaction score
:angel:

What kind of funeral do you guys want?

Hey I am curious about Atheists, do they just have someone
to cremate you or what?

What about people with other beliefs, do they want to be bury
along with many other Christian dead folks?

Well me, I want a nice funeral....
I don't want to be bury underground or whatever..

I don't understand why we want to bury our bodies underground with caskets and all. Because 100 years later, people will forgot about us....
And they might build an airport over our graves.

Or what if there is a flood, then our bodies will float....

Well, I think it is best if I was cremated or be bury in the monument? (Some M word), what you call that?
I want pink casket, with pink dress, with pink bow in my hair....
And stuff like that....

Do some of you don't care how you bury, you'll be dead anyway?

I don't think talking about how we want to be buried is something we should look forward to. Death isn't good to talk about. I think it's a private matter between family. I wish not to answer that question. Sorry. :)

:roll: First your thread "Afraid of dying" then "Planning Funeral" :roll:

I already told you in your other thread is ENJOY your life at present, not think about yesterday or tomorrow.

I'm IN 2nd with cheri.. miss p just knock it off with stupid threads u make okay? 2nd of all just quit trying to be a copycat like raven :roll:

this is a creepy thought... since both my grandparents are alive. they already have their gravesite ready. and tombstone named and ready on where they'll be buried. and they have casket waiting for them.. they showed me.. oh god i don't wanna think of this.. and i don't know why they get everything ready for themself for years and years. but at least it saves my family money from buying all those stuff for them.

any of u guys have the same thing as mine.. that your family is having their burial site ready for them?

DeafSCUBA98 said:
this is a creepy thought... since both my grandparents are alive. they already have their gravesite ready. and tombstone named and ready on where they'll be buried. and they have casket waiting for them.. they showed me.. oh god i don't wanna think of this.. and i don't know why they get everything ready for themself for years and years. but at least it saves my family money from buying all those stuff for them.

any of u guys have the same thing as mine.. that your family is having their burial site ready for them?

Scuba -- ive had the same situation happen to me with my family members and their expressing to me and my sister what exactly they want upon their deaths and at their funerals cuz they believed in not leaving any kind of financial burden to those they leave behind and yep they do have a burial site/memorial ready as well

I don't see anything wrong with talking about death at all. Everybody dies!

3 things in life are guaranteed no matter what!
1) Birth
2) Change
3) Death

It's a part of life and I have had 5 people close to me die in the past 6 years and I planned the funeral for two of them -- dad and grandma.

As for me ...

Burn my body and use the ashes as fertilizer. It is going to rot and turn to fertilizer eventually anyway!

My body is only a vessel for my soul and when I die, my soul will no longer inhabit the body.

I would like my family and friends to celebrate the departure of my soul by having a memorial service on a beach and swap stories about me and not be too concerned about my friggin' body.

I never thought about planning a funeral and make me disgust.... will you drop this subject? and thanks !

DeafSCUBA98 said:
... that your family is having their burial site ready for them?
Hubby and I have bought and paid for our cemetery plots. Our daughter and son-in-law bought their plots in the same cemetery. We all wanted to buy our plots early because some of the cemeteries are filling up so quickly, and we wanted our choice before it was too late. Also, that reduces the burden for our family when we die. It is just good planning.

Miss*Pinocchio said:
What kind of funeral do you guys want?
Simple, traditional, with military honors at the grave site.

And they might build an airport over our graves.
That can be a problem. In this area several of the old black slave cemeteries have been built over. There is a court case right now about a property owner who wants to move an old black cemetery so he can build a house. A few years ago, our local football stadium parking lot had to be dug up because archaeologists found Civil War soldier graves underneath.

Or what if there is a flood, then our bodies will float....
Sadly, that did happen during hurricane Hugo here.

Well, I think it is best if I was cremated or be bury in the monument? (Some M word), what you call that?
Mausoleum.

Do some of you don't care how you bury, you'll be dead anyway?
Funerals are mostly for the loved ones that are left behind. The rituals and shared mourning help the family and friends cope with the loss and honor the deceased.

If this topic disturbs people, they aren't forced to read or respond to it. There are many topics in AD that offend me. I simply don't go there. I don't tell people what topics they can or cannot discuss. I understand that people need a forum for discussing their feelings, rants, and worries.

Yes its morbid but it is important to think about this issue because it will happen eventually to every one of us.

I make my wishes clear to my family and friends about how I want to be taken care of after my death.

I tell them that I want to be cremated and sprinkled around in Ojai, California, the site where I long to return. I consider Ojai as my soul home as I was born there and always have longing for Ojai. I now live over 1,000 miles away now but will return there to complete my life cycle.

I rather to be buried in backyard and let the nature take care of me but no no it is against law. so I rather to be cremated and dump in the toilet. No one need to touch my remain. I would not want anyone to play with my bones few hundred years from now just alike we play ancient bones we find them in cave or old cemetary.

Reba said:
If this topic disturbs people, they aren't forced to read or respond to it. There are many topics in AD that offend me. I simply don't go there. I don't tell people what topics they can or cannot discuss. I understand that people need a forum for discussing their feelings, rants, and worries.

Well said. Making posts just to criticize the person for bringing up the subject is uncalled for. Plus it derails the topic!

I'm not scared of dying, and I know it is perfectly natural for people to die. After all, we aren't immortal. However, when I am to die. I would make my wish to be cremated.

But what to do with the ashes? Not sure yet. (knocks the wood)

Banjo said:
... I would make my wish to be cremated.

But what to do with the ashes? Not sure yet. (knocks the wood)
My mom, step-dad, and dad were all cremated. Not my choice but theirs.

My dad's ashes were buried in a family plot in CT with many generations of his family. He was a WWII veteran, so he has a VA marker.

My step-dad's ashes were buried in his daughter's backyard, with a fancy concrete bird bath placed over the spot.

My mom's ashes are in a black marble "box". My brother keeps them on a book shelf in his apartment. He also keeps his Star Trek action figures on the same shelf, like they are guarding her. Go figure.

Like I said, not my choice. But I think maintaining a good relationship with my living brother is more important than what happens to my mom's ashes. I know that is what she would prefer; she always put other people's feelings first.

Reba said:

It's true nobody is force to read or respond if the thread is disturbing, but I do find it disturbing and I respond based on how I feel about dying. I don't think it's really anyone's business where we would want to be buried. Normally, people discuss this situation to the ones they love, their family and friends.

I know people die everyday, Still death isn't something I would want to discuss. If you feel conformable discussing your plans for funeral that's up to you. But that doesn't mean I cannot post in here to share my feelings. :)

I have to concur with Banjo's perspective.

Making posts just to criticize the person for bringing up the subject is uncalled for. Plus it derails the topic!

If you just don't like what the topic is about, sit on your hands and don't reply until you see a new thread you like and wish to discuss about.

I agreed with you. I will do the excatly same thing...I'll like to have my ash to be dumped at Lake Tahoe...my favorite lake.

jazzy said:
I rather to be buried in backyard and let the nature take care of me but no no it is against law. so I rather to be cremated and dump in the toilet. No one need to touch my remain. I would not want anyone to play with my bones few hundred years from now just alike we play ancient bones we find them in cave or old cemetary.

Back