planning a vacation...

missywinks

Reaction score
which state in USA is the best place to visit and why?

Mod's Note:

Thread's moved to proper location from General Chat to Travel & Leisure.

Since you live in British Columbia, you could do a road trip all the way down to San Diego - make stops in Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, Los Angeles and then San Diego!

After you reach Portland, you go toward the coast where there is Hwy 101 - go on that one and it will take you all the way down there - you will see lovely towns, beaches, scenic rocks, etc etc! Every curve will bring you a new view :)

And you could always visit ADers who live in these towns :) I.e. me! I live in Portland :)

Since you live in British Columbia, you could do a road trip all the way down to San Diego - make stops in Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, Los Angeles and then San Diego!

After you reach Portland, you go toward the coast where there is Hwy 101 - go on that one and it will take you all the way down there - you will see lovely towns, beaches, scenic rocks, etc etc! Every curve will bring you a new view :)

And you could always visit ADers who live in these towns :) I.e. me! I live in Portland :)

I felt she live in similar environment and same ocean over coast. So, I think she need something different adventure to see in Central to Eastern.. It make whole new on her eyes. Start with NV would be ideal for her. Or, more unique is... to go Florida!

I felt she live in similar environment and same ocean over coast. So, I think she need something different adventure to see in Central to Eastern.. It make whole new on her eyes. Start with NV would be ideal for her. Or, more unique is... to go Florida!

I don't like Florida, the air there is like breathing water. but thats my opinion.
other than that, Florida is a nice place.
Texas is great, it just depends on where you go. West Texas (where I live) is really dry and dusty. The farther you go east the greener and moister it gets.
You could always go to Six Flags in Arlington, that is usually where we go on vacation :lol:.
I've also been to Arizona to family reunions, and I didn't like how hot it was. But I also don't have a clue what attractions are there.

I think the best vacation I went on was to Los Angeles, California. I went there around the 4th of July, and we drove by disneyland when they set off the fireworks show, even though we couldn't afford to get in disneyland, it was still fun. we went to Knotts Berry Farm amusement park, that was a blast. And at the end of our trip, we went to Long Beach and visited the Queen Mary ship. If you like history you'll love the Queen Mary. It's also been transformed into a hotel, so if you wanted to you could stay there.

Anyways, wherever you pick I hope you have a great time.
this is just my opinion on the places I've been. if you have any specific questions about any of these you can ask me. :)

My next place to visit would have to be either the next AADB conference or Seattle!

If you are DeafBlind like me, I would go to Seattle, the most DB friendly place!

Hmm ever been to washington DC see the white house and the library and all the lil historical places...or maybe california if u want beach although u do live in B.C. orrr u can just come to ottawa and see our lovely parliament buildings that are not being in use cuz of the parliament suspension that is now going on..lol ...maybe throw something at our "prime minister" seeing as we, at the moment, don't have one u can pick 1 out of 4 of our "coalition" lol

I personally loveeee florida! You know how cold it can get here in ottawa so anywhere warm is good for me...Texas was nice when i went..i used to live in maryland and it was pretty cool...depends what u want tho do u want attractions and touristy stuff ?

Alicia, there are lots of beautiful things in Ottawa besides the stuffy Parliament, dear!

There's the Promenade! Dang girl, I spent many hours walking on Bank St myself. Don't forget the Market, oh yes a bus ride & hop and a skip to Gatineau! There's the art museum, Little Italy, Chinatown and best of all, they all are within walking distance.

On a good Saturday, I could spend $50.00 on fresh vegetables/fruits and some delicacies in Chinatown & Little Italy and that required a lot of walking!

Good times when I lived in Ottawa!!

mrs bucket u used to live in ottawa reallyyyy!!!...

oo little italy is like my 2nd home..im italian so we go alot to preston st. for stuff and bank st is still busy...downtown is still blah although we have the NAC and the science and tech museum...and bayshore is steppin it up hahaha

Yup girl! I used to live in Ottawa so I can totally understand how b*tch*n' cold the winters are up there! Brrrr!

The culture, ooo la la! Sooo nice! So cosmopolitan at the same time because I loved going to Montreal with my very good friend.

oo i lovee mtl the clubs there are soo much better than here and more to do if u want to shop and want a quik change of scenery since it isn't too far. OMG cold...it was like -25 here today with the windchill..horribleeee! thank god i drive..but i need an auto start for xmas:) lol

It really depends on what u want...outdoorsy would be Colorado, Minnesota, Idaho, Seattle, WA, Sedona, AZ, Nigra Falls, NY, Vermont, VA, West VA, Tennessee.....

Beach...CA, Florida, the Carolinas

Cities...New York, Boston, DC, LA, Seattle, Chicago, New Orleans, Miami

Arts...Santa Fe, Phx, Sedona

Tourist...Memphis, LA, NYC, DC, Boston, Seattle, Salt Lake City, Cleveland

Those are based on my own opinions from traveling all over the USA

CALIFORNIA, baby. yes, GOLDEN STATE. what else can i say it more?

CALIFORNIA have: DISNEYLAND! BEACHES! GOLDEN GATE! SF! San Diego! MONTEREY! You'll see a lot interesting places and enivronments on down highway 101 from BC, just drive all the way to SoCal [south california]. Yo, im live in Bay Area [east bay, actually] There are several Aders LOVE california!! Help yourself to research about GOLDEN STATE. Here do have diversity that you will see a lot different places with different cultures.

Well, if you truly love oceans or beaches, here is right state for you to come by. Unless you dont want to bear with snows, come to WEST COAST and drive south on highway 101.

Hey AliciaM, if you read here, there are several italians stores or culture.. [winks]

I cannot recommend you which place you could visit to but I only visited several different states when I was in USA last year...

St. Louis, MA - beautiful and interesting place
Springfield, IL - visit the place where Abraham Lincoln used to live before he became President.
Chicago - nice and busy city.
Indiana - stop for few hours break
Ohio to Cleveland - beautiful and interesting place...

My hubby & I would travel around USA or attend US deaf cruises when my both boys are old enough to look after themselves and get job... (I mean from 18 years old).

Yup girl! I used to live in Ottawa so I can totally understand how b*tch*n' cold the winters are up there! Brrrr!

The culture, ooo la la! Sooo nice! So cosmopolitan at the same time because I loved going to Montreal with my very good friend.

Do you go back to live in USA again?

I went visit states include:

Florida: its so beautiful states
Georgia: very nice states
Texas:very nice states
Louisiana:nice states
Arkansas:nice states but now my home!
Indiana:nice states but now my Aunt lives there

I don't like Florida, the air there is like breathing water. but thats my opinion.
other than that, Florida is a nice place.
Texas is great, it just depends on where you go. West Texas (where I live) is really dry and dusty. The farther you go east the greener and moister it gets.
You could always go to Six Flags in Arlington, that is usually where we go on vacation :lol:.
I've also been to Arizona to family reunions, and I didn't like how hot it was. But I also don't have a clue what attractions are there.

I think the best vacation I went on was to Los Angeles, California. I went there around the 4th of July, and we drove by disneyland when they set off the fireworks show, even though we couldn't afford to get in disneyland, it was still fun. we went to Knotts Berry Farm amusement park, that was a blast. And at the end of our trip, we went to Long Beach and visited the Queen Mary ship. If you like history you'll love the Queen Mary. It's also been transformed into a hotel, so if you wanted to you could stay there.

Anyways, wherever you pick I hope you have a great time.
this is just my opinion on the places I've been. if you have any specific questions about any of these you can ask me. :)

northeast coast of Texas are worst place to smell. Hey Florida isn't that bad. It's really nice beach to spend I went to one at Destin with family. It's delight.

However, that person I reflect during my experience travel in west coast because this place make me feel different experience. However, she live in west coast, and need to make different to explorer. AZ/NV are similar as west TX only different that West TX aren't much thing to do for tourist unless they're hard-cord outdoor person.

If visit Texas, it's best place to visit either in Austin or San Antonio, they're rank of the best place for sight. Plus great food!

northeast coast of Texas are worst place to smell. Hey Florida isn't that bad. It's really nice beach to spend I went to one at Destin with family. It's delight.

However, that person I reflect during my experience travel in west coast because this place make me feel different experience. However, she live in west coast, and need to make different to explorer. AZ/NV are similar as west TX only different that West TX aren't much thing to do for tourist unless they're hard-cord outdoor person.

If visit Texas, it's best place to visit either in Austin or San Antonio, they're rank of the best place for sight. Plus great food!

I didn't get to go to the beach in Florida, we didn't have time :(

Yeah, those are the best places to go in Texas, but I've never been to Austin.
San Antonio was a blast, I loved the Alamo, riding in those horse drawn carriages, and the riverwalk was great.

I didn't get to go to the beach in Florida, we didn't have time :(

Yeah, those are the best places to go in Texas, but I've never been to Austin.
San Antonio was a blast, I loved the Alamo, riding in those horse drawn carriages, and the riverwalk was great.

Miss thought Austin? Hmm, you must went on I-10 highway to San Antonio? Did you go to Fredericksburg? Hey, it's quite nice German town.

Back