Places you want to post but won't/know better

FireTiger

Reaction score
What are the places you want to post but don't, either because you know better then to say 'that' or because you do not fit the criteria in the OP.

Mine: http://www.alldeaf.com/our-world-our-culture/91837-annoying-ignorant-hearing-people-stories.html#post1850390 Annoying ignorant hearing people stories

I would post:

When DH (dear Husband, or Darn Husband) or anybody else -does any of the following:

1) Tries to talk over the tv/raido
2) Talks facing the running sink/tub/hose
3) Talks in a room towards an object (not facing the nearest door)
4) Talks to himself then says "I was just talking to myself" or "Nevermind"
5) Talking with a hand in front of his face....
6) Talking -into- the book or newspaper
7) Having 3/4 of a conversation w/o getting my attention first
8) Laughing when I get a word wrong, "No 'ladder' didn't make sense in the sentence, that's WHY I asked what you said..."
9) "Can you here me now?!?!" -no, my eyes are making angry slits at you just because...
10) Talks when I am -clearly- not paying attention, then says something stupid like "Then lick the clown's button nose" or "so that's why I'm becoming a hula dancer" something to jar my mind...
11) "It's spelled -just- like it sounds!" Really??? cuz I can't -do- phonics that really helps me...
12) Saying I'm yelling/angry when I'm not- (yelling is based on 'tone' not 'volume' for me - I can be yelling when using a stage whisper)
13) ppl with their music so loud it hurts to be in the car around then even with my own music, a/c on and windows up...
14) ppl that give me "that" look, you know the one... "Oh, I see you are not like me... too bad" look... I hate that look...
-----------

There are also some 'hot topic' threads Iwon't touch with a 10-foot-pole

Am I alone?

I don't post in some of the areas in Relationships. I do read them, but have to make sure no kids are around and also make sure hubby isn't able to see.

I try to avoid threads where I feel I am not welcome.

I don't post in areas where two certain members make me feel unwelcome, stupid, wrong or such. They can make me go from placid to furiuous in 0.2 seconds.One does occasionally bite in other threads, but I try hard to ignore it. No use feeding it. It is better that I just avoid the drama and condescension. I get enough at work, etc. Don't need it here where I come for deaf refuge. lol

Kristina, you welcome everywhere :)

I have actually had users tell me that I am not welcome since I have never experience what they did. They seem to forget, that I did once upon a time (2 separate times) in my life, wear hearing aids and so I do have experience.

I don't post in areas where two certain members make me feel unwelcome, stupid, wrong or such. They can make me go from placid to furiuous in 0.2 seconds.One does occasionally bite in other threads, but I try hard to ignore it. No use feeding it. It is better that I just avoid the drama and condescension. I get enough at work, etc. Don't need it here where I come for deaf refuge. lol

I think there is an 'ignore' function - on some boards it even hides the quotes if someone quotes them- I'm sorry you feel this way though.

I have actually had users tell me that I am not welcome since I have never experience what they did. They seem to forget, that I did once upon a time (2 separate times) in my life, wear hearing aids and so I do have experience.

Well...Authority of Sunny say you welcome everywhere! Screw those say not. They jerks.

Back