Pictures of my Gibson Les Paul Studio :)

It is such a beautiful looking guitar you have there, Alex.

Does anyone want to dance with me while Alex is playing on his guitar?
Dance.gif

If you take care of it, in 20 years it'll be worth a lot more. If you've ever seen vintage guitar prices, especially Gibsons, they're pretty high. The key is to keep all parts original. Don't replace anything! At least don't replace anything that you can't put back. What series Fender Strat do you have? Mexican or American?

So these days I'm learning how to play a guitar. I used the Fender Stratocaster before but I wanted something different, so I got myself the faded cherry Gibson Les Paul electric guitar. This baby plays beautifully. :aw:

The amp I'm using is Line 6 Spider II 210 Combo, and cable is Monster Cable.

AHHHHH you got me FOOLED.. i was thinking about some kind of PlayGirl... just pixes of this quitars ... Oh Boy...

I updated my first post with pictures of my Spider II 210 amp. :)

Nice set of strings, Alex!

Back in the late 70's, I played in a band as the bass guitarist. I had a Fender Precision bass with a 400 watt Peavey head and dual 15's in the cabinet. :eek: Dave

Very nice guitar, Alex! I bet you are very proud of it. :)

I've seen that guitar used on Guitar Hero for Playstation 2. I've got that game. It rocks! :)

Nice set of strings, Alex!

Back in the late 70's, I played in a band as the bass guitarist. I had a Fender Precision bass with a 400 watt Peavey head and dual 15's in the cabinet. :eek: Dave

I'm majorly GASing for a 70s P-bass right now. I want some of that vintage mojo!

Nice guitar, Alex. I own 2 Fender Strats myself as well as 2 acoustics. I tried the Gibson Les Paul but the fretboard is too narrow for my large hands. It is so much fun and I wish there were more deafies out there that played guitar. It would be great to meet other musicians and jam sometimes. Keep on rocking, dude!

Thanks everyone. I should be getting a new Gibson Les Paul Standard Limited Edition in "Manhattan Midnight" blue. Will post pics later this week. :)

Defmusicman, how long have you been playing the guitar for? Post pics of your guitar(s)? Good to see another deaf guitarist on this site. :mrgreen:

Lubillies 1st lesson for you... to learn play guitar!
you'll become pro soon!
:D

Nice guitar!

Alex,

Thanks for the reply. I have been playing for almost 3 years and I have performed with a band in Guitar Recitals. You can read about it at Welcome to Deafweekly ( the Nov. 30, 2005 issue). I must admit that I am not very computer-literate and I do not know how to post pictures or videos on the Internet. I have a DVD from my performance last year and I don't know how to post it. My 16 yr old son is a computer whiz and he will help me set up my own website soon and I hope to share it with everyone.

Are you taking lessons, Alex? How long have you been playing? Do you play alone or with other people? Good luck with your playing and I'll be happy to help in any way that I can.

Keep on rocking, dude!

Ernest

That Vintage Cherry finish looks great. The Studio series are a great value, and you won't have to worry about replacing any of the electronics with those p90s. Maybe you, rockdrummer, and I should start a band.
music-smiley-005.gif
Rock on brothers!!! Count me in...

Neat! I didnt know you could hear a little bit. Rock on then! And hopefully one of these day I would see ya on the stage and rocking! :)

Defmusicman, it would be nice to see you playing in the video. Let me know when your website is up and running, dude.

I'm not currently taking lessons, just teaching myself via this software and online tutorials. In the near future I'll definitely consider hiring a guitar tutor. And, yea, I'm playing alone at home for now.

Regarding the Gibson Les Paul, have you tried the 50s rounded neck? I read about guitarists with big hands liking the 50s rounded neck. I like and use the 60s slim taper neck. ;)

Thanks, Alex

I'll check out the 50's rounded neck. It may be just what I need.

Enjoy your new guitars and feel free to ask any questions that
you have with playing. Rock on, dude!

All right. Let me know what you think of the 50s rounded neck. :)

Back