Pictures and maybe someone can help me out.

Lorias1228

Reaction score
I added pictures now to my Homepage that'sin my signature. I hope to add more things to the page next week. Waiting for authorization.

After procrastinating for a year I finally set-up my TTY. I don't talk on the phone much and useally if I do it's to my parents and I understand my mom's voice like 60% of the time. Anyway, I don't have a long distance server on my phone, when I wish to call long distance I use a calling card. Now for the question how do you use a calling card with a tty? My instrction book doesn't tell me.

Thanks, Lori

just callthei operator, the operator will dial the long distance card number you give them. Then tell the operator what number you want to call.

Why use a phone when you can use an online relay service for free? All you need is some kind of internet connection and obviously, you've got one. You wouldn't be posting here if you didn't! Heh!

Internet relay

VamPyroX said:
Why use a phone when you can use an online relay service for free? All you need is some kind of internet connection and obviously, you've got one. You wouldn't be posting here if you didn't! Heh!

I have internet access 24 hours a day when I am at home but if I'm in Indy I don't have access at my apartment thus the TTY there and the phone card.
Lori

Lorias1228 said:
I have internet access 24 hours a day when I am at home but if I'm in Indy I don't have access at my apartment thus the TTY there and the phone card.
Lori

I am trying to understand this.. If you have internet access 24 hours a day.. You can disconnect internet access and make phone calls.. there is nothing wrong with it.. but if you have "cable modem" it will connect 24 hours a day.. and you still use phone..

Also, you can use internet access to make relay service phone calls ... www.ip-relay.com

:dunno: try to understand this.. eh

Internet

MsGiglz said:
I am trying to understand this.. If you have internet access 24 hours a day.. You can disconnect internet access and make phone calls.. there is nothing wrong with it.. but if you have "cable modem" it will connect 24 hours a day.. and you still use phone..

Also, you can use internet access to make relay service phone calls ... www.ip-relay.com

:dunno: try to understand this.. eh

I have internet access only when I am home which is 2.5 hours south of INdianapolis. If I am at school which is usually 5 days a week I don't have internet access at all in my apartment. I have a TTY in my apartment.

Lori

I am trying to remember how I used the long distance card via TTY/Direct-Connect without any assistance - I think I had it in pulse/rotary instead of dial tone.

You can call Relay Indiana ( www.RelayIndiana.com) at (800) 743-3333 or 711 and read them the all numbers on back of your card. If you don't want the relay operators to relay for you, you can tell them you only need assistance on placing long distance calls. :)

When I had long distance calling card I wasn't allow to used the tty to make the call cuz u have to listen to options and then press in and then give ur card number which states in the back of your card .. I had to ask one of my crew workers to make a call for me by pressing buttons and pressing my code that on the calling card and then the phone rings and then I put it on tdd and then my sister answered it.. But won't work if u call relay cuz i did the same thing it didnt work that way... have to have someone that can hear to make the call for u cuz u have a calling card.

Cheri- I remember not too long ago, the relay services (I think it was Sprint) located in your state had been promoting about and giving free long distance cards to deaf people. The cards even had instruction how to place calls.

Brian I have Sprint as My Long distance at home ,,, but they did not or did not offered to give me calling cards to take with me when I travel Out of State for work. I just buy calling cards at a local stores... That's all I know of places that Have a calling card for me to used when I am out of State.

Back