Photoshop CS5 - ImageReady?

Alex

Administrator
Staff Member
Reaction score
I understand ImageReady was discontinued and it is now part of CS5, or CS5 Extended? Does anyone know?

And is the $300 extra for CS5 Extended worth it?

Thanks in advance.

ImageReady is part of Photoshop now. I am not certain when that change was made, but it was already incorporated into Photoshop with CS3, if not earlier. I have CS4, and in Photoshop you use the Animation feature to use the features from ImageReady. I love it this way instead of switching back and forth.

So, do you have at least CS3 or higher? If so, you're good to go.

I just downloaded the free trial of CS5 Extended. I haven't tried the Animation feature yet.

So, what do you use Photoshop for? I mainly use it for web design stuff.

Thanks.

Everything. I am a graphic designer, so for web design, photo editing, print projects, etc.

I am graphic designer, I took Graphic Design class this year. I uses Photoshop CS5 portable, it awesome. I got it from my friend. CS5 portable allow you carry Photoshop CS5 portable in your flas drive to anywhere. 8gb or higher is best.

it is tough practice learn how study first wise book because complication design I am pretty design I have complication design not easy I am experience lots of 3 or 4 monthly!

I missed ImageReady. :(

I tried Fireworks and I hate it so much.

Really? Are you telling me that the Photoshop is a lot easier than the Fireworks?

I have the Fireworks (Studio 8). I can't take the risk to install it on my new iMac OS 10.6 because I didn't want the Fireworks's older QuickTime or others overwrite the newer QT.

I have not tried the newer Photoshop. Last time, I had the Photoshop about 10 years ago. :(
It does not mean that I'm cheap because of my ongoing bills for my house, car, and damn gas.

I tried many hard to learn it on Photoshop not easy! pretty! instead gimp easy!

Its a Part of Photoshop CS5 then it will have the some value to be the part of the new Version CS5

I remembered ImageReady. Wow it's so long ago! Well, I might have a better solution for you guys. The app I recently purchased couple of weeks ago is called Slicy. Slicy truly reinvents Photoshop slicing. To export PSD elements as assets for your website or app, rename your layer groups once and let Slicy do everything else. Since I'm not allowed to post the link, you can check it out by googling "macrabbit slicy". Let me know what you think so far. It does save my time a lot.

In Adobe Photoshop CS6, I Can't see Imageready.Adobe ImageReady is available with Photoshop. You must have the full Photoshop (professional version) and not the consumer version (Photoshop Elements). Where is ImageReady in Photoshop CS6.Adobe ImageReady 1.0 was released as a standalone application. ImageReady was packaged with Photoshop between version 2.0 and CS2. Adobe synchronized the version numbers of ImageReady and Photoshop beginning with version 7.0.

Back