Photo Scanners

Jolie77

Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm here to ask for an opinion.

For a while, I've been thinking about purchasing a photo scanner where I can scan my pictures to upload on the computer.

I know there's a lot of different types of scanners out there but I wanted to see which one is recommended? Are there any brands of scanners that you like? If so, Why is it recommended?

Thanks. :)

There's various forms of scanners all around!

Are you a mobile kind of person, or prefer the printer all in ones, or you prefer a professional super DPI (dots per inch) scanner?

If it's general purposes for a home computer, either look into a flatbed and/or sheet feeder, if you want to do documents.

Office printer all-in-ones are a nice package, but sometimes they end up getting clunky because of the fact that it's with the printer, you have to use that same printer software usually in order to get it working.

There's also the handheld scanners, this is perfect for people on the go or laptops. They can look like small, thin sticks, or a larger variant of the same scanner gun you see at Target.

If you go professional type then your image scanned will come out at the best quality -- usually highly desired by graphic artists, 3d modelers, architecture.. etc. The DPI means how many dots will fit in an inch. If you get one with higher DPI, the picture will be naturally "enlarged" without losing any quality.

But putting all the above away and looking directly at your needs, I'm assuming you're wishing to scan the usual 4x6 prints.
If you prefer using the windows scanning interface, then you'll want a more common manufacturer like HP, Xerox, Epson, Cannon. Depending on which, but I don't think you will need one that runs you over 50~$100 to $150 maximum. Because if you're just scanning small photos, there's no need for a HQ scanner.

Document feeder is only important for people who like to scan like, say 30 documents without having to feed it each time. It'll suck in the next page automatically.

That's pretty much about it from me!

Thanks for your input, naisho.

I'm not a technical whiz or far by from it, lol.

But, Anyway - Yeah, I'm looking for one that can scan 4x6 photos prints among for general purposes. I'm looking for one that is a flatbed because I don't need the 4 in 1 kind of thing since I already have a printer hooked up.

I just wanted to know which brand is good to put to a use. :)

any scanner from Epson/Canon/HP will do the job JUST fine. I bought CanoScan LiDE100 for my mom because it's simple and my mom is somewhat tech-illiterate. Actually the scanner I got is not the same one as I linked it but it's the old model of it (something like LiDE50 or whatever). it still works fine. I have 2 so if you like - I can sell it to you for a mere bucks. :cool2:

If you still prefer brand new stuff - check out the link above and Epson and HP. All are under $100.

I have HP PSC2175 3 in 1 Copier, Printer, and Scanner. . It is very useful tho.

HP may have newer scanner. So it's up to you to choose, HP, Epson, Lexmark, Canon ect. Whichever is easier for you to use. Also quality counts too.

Catty

Back