Phones and Employment - What do you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

paperclip

Reaction score
Email and text is my preferred mode of communication, but for employment reasons, it looks like I need to learn how to use a phone somehow to communicate with the public. I got all excited signing up for IM relay systems last week and it looks like they will no longer be an option later this month.

Can you guys share what communications methods you use - communicating with hearing people (not face to face) in your employment? I want to avoid signing up for all these websites and give them my drivers license and SS number to find out that they might not be suited for what I'm looking for. I made an google doc. If there is funny business with the google doc, maybe I can set it private?

I realize that after I'm employed, other options (federal relay?) may be available to me, but for now, I'm interested in working with programs that I could have access to now.

Feel free to change the sheet if you feel it needs more columns or details.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Au0YEs8Nj380dG94bnB5eGxMYXo0RS1mMy1abTZ5YlE&usp=sharing

Um, i711.com is still available as far as I know. Might want to look at that.

Mods - can you close the thread, people were kind to PM me and give me suggestions of legit programs.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back