Phonak Naida V

He tried once and it's already better than my old HAs. He told me not to worry about the programming, just wear them and train your ears. He did say he programmed them 90% of max and that those HAs were so powerful they could "blow out your eardrums" if programmed to the max.

What is your audiogram? Maybe my audiologist could offer advice or program them for you better, hes an expert.

You may have gotten some incorrect information, because my Naidas are "maxed out" and I have no perforations in my eardrums. You do have to be cautious, though, as they have the potential at max for doing damage. My hearing loss is profound, >115 dB, and all the bells and whistles have been turned off to allow maximum gain.

Can anyone here describe what hearing with the Naida V is like compared to a conventional digital aid? It sounds like the options like auto-adjustment and frequency shifting would make everything sound different compared to my current digital, a supero 412.

You may have gotten some incorrect information, because my Naidas are "maxed out" and I have no perforations in my eardrums. You do have to be cautious, though, as they have the potential at max for doing damage. My hearing loss is profound, >115 dB, and all the bells and whistles have been turned off to allow maximum gain.

Can the SPL be adjusted or just the gain? If the SPL can be changed, he could reduce SPL and max the gain. It's the treshold that matters more than things being too loud. What bells and whistles? I do know about transpositional but I suspect it's been turned off. Is there a way for me to turn it on so I can see what it's like?

Can the SPL be adjusted or just the gain? If the SPL can be changed, he could reduce SPL and max the gain. It's the treshold that matters more than things being too loud. What bells and whistles? I do know about transpositional but I suspect it's been turned off. Is there a way for me to turn it on so I can see what it's like?

My audie turned off the SoundRecover (transposition), BassBoost, WhistleBlock, SoundBlock, and several other options that limited gain, if I understand correctly. I can't answer your question about SPL vs gain, I'll have to defer to an audiologist or other expert in this area.

@DeafDoc1 - I'm curious, what type of loss do you have (sensorineural, etc.) and how do the Naidas sound for your ears? Do you perceive and understand any speech at all or just environmental sounds?

@DeafDoc1 - I'm curious, what type of loss do you have (sensorineural, etc.) and how do the Naidas sound for your ears? Do you perceive and understand any speech at all or just environmental sounds?

Her loss is sensorineural and she hears faint environmental sounds. Your worse ear would hear similar to what deafdoc hears in both ears.

[/QUOTE]I do know about transpositional but I suspect it's been turned off. Is there a way for me to turn it on so I can see what it's like?[/QUOTE]

The Phonak iPFG software has the Insight program that can be used to run a realtime simulated mode of Soundrecover and other modes you want to test. This way you can see if you will like the SoundRecover and others on or off....

Back