Phonak naida tropicalisation coating??

Darrenh1984

Reaction score
Hi, I'm suffer with sweat behind my ears which effcts my Naida sp hearing aids and effectively they become un useable as the microphone wind and weather protectors soak up the moisture and emit annoying and constant feedback.
I've emailed phonak HQ directly about this and they told me to get in touch with my hearing aid professional and ask them about TROPICALISATION COATING as this is a new cover that repels sweat from the hearing aid- similar to the Siemens Aquaris aids if anyone know anything about them waterproof HA's.
Just thought i'd share this info and if anyone can shed some light what Tropicalisation coating is then that'd be great.
Many thanks :)

I've never heard of Tropicalisation, but have you thought of trying Ear Gear, they protect your aids from damp and sweat and are comfortable to wear. I wear them all the time but I've never seen anyone else in Birmingham using them.

Also, I doubt you'll get Tropicalisation done on the NHS and any private place will be loathed to modify NHS aids for you.

Hi, use ear gear at the moment for work, they are ok, do get slight feedback from time to time. I'm from Birmingham also

I solved my problem with ear gear and feedback with getting the feedback manager re adjusted when wearing the ear gears.

Yep, ear gear lol. My Naida UP's are fine if my hair is wet or I'm near a mister. I only need the ear gear if I'm going to be near splashing or one of the rare days it actually rains here.

Back