Phonak Naida Q SP/UP and RIC officially out now!

I think Hoh-me mentioned skeleton molds? That's probably the source right there. If the loss is bad enough, they need a good sealing soft mold.

I think Hoh-me mentioned skeleton molds? That's probably the source right there. If the loss is bad enough, they need a good sealing soft mold.

My hearing loss is a bit odd, at low tones I have close to normal hearing so they don't like to use the soft molds with me because I lose that ability. The audi called Phonic and we tried about every possible setting. What is happening is that my hearing loss is too bad for the HA basically. In order to get enough volume for speech they have to have it up so hi there is distortion. We are going to try one more pair of hearing aids to just rule out the possibility that something is wrong with this set and if that doesn't work, my last option is a CI.

My hearing loss is a bit odd, at low tones I have close to normal hearing so they don't like to use the soft molds with me because I lose that ability. The audi called Phonic and we tried about every possible setting. What is happening is that my hearing loss is too bad for the HA basically. In order to get enough volume for speech they have to have it up so hi there is distortion. We are going to try one more pair of hearing aids to just rule out the possibility that something is wrong with this set and if that doesn't work, my last option is a CI.

That's really confusing? How can your loss be too bad for the hearing aids?

A Skelton mold won't make any different to your low frequencies, its a vent that you need to get your natural low frequencies through.

That's really confusing? How can your loss be too bad for the hearing aids?

A Skelton mold won't make any different to your low frequencies, its a vent that you need to get your natural low frequencies through.

The hearing aids are not powerful enough. They can't get me the sound I need to be able to hear well without the static/feedback of too much gain. Because of the steep slope in my loss, the mid-range sounds need more amplification than the HA's can provide. Add in the recruitment and they just aren't working for me any more.

My Dad just got his aids replaced with these Phonaks and he is thrilled with them. It is wonderful to see him so happy with what he is experiencing. It was only a couple of decades ago that the audiologists told him that there was nothing that could be done for his specific type of genetic hearing loss. Ten years ago he received aids that helped but in limited ways (he still had lots of trouble in crowded rooms or watching TV). Now he is able to set his aids for different situations, hears so much so clearly and is loving it. :)

I wore my old aids yesterday and I do notice that the speech recognition, even with the static in the background is better talking to people one on one. The day before I was out and about all day and had the worst headache from all the extraneous noise in my ears all day. If I turn the volume down on them though, they are no better than my current aids because I don't have enough volume to understand people so it's either little understanding or way too much noise and nothing in between.

I have a flat 110db loss and fine the Naidas powerful enough for my loss.

The Naidas are hard to program if your Audi hasn't had much try with the Naidas. You should get a Phonak Rep to come out and help you.

I have a flat 110db loss and fine the Naidas powerful enough for my loss.

The Naidas are hard to program if your Audi hasn't had much try with the Naidas. You should get a Phonak Rep to come out and help you.

She did talk to the rep. My issues lie in that I have very little hearing in the speech range and they just are not powerful enough to compensate. It may have to do with having hearing most of my life or I don't know. I can hear things, it's just the distortion in the background and the amplification I need to be able to hear things, along with the recruitment-which is probably the major issues at play--that is causing this. She works at a major teaching hospital/clinic and has had years of experience with these. She called and talked to the Phonak people as well as consulted her colleagues.

My audi has ordered these for me. I've been trialing a pair of Starkeys. The starkeys have excellent feedback control but weren't cutting it at work, which is restaurant kinda noisy. I'm cautiously optimistic, as I had loaner phonaks in college for a semester and they were excellent.

Posted from Alldeaf.com App for Android

She did talk to the rep. My issues lie in that I have very little hearing in the speech range and they just are not powerful enough to compensate. It may have to do with having hearing most of my life or I don't know. I can hear things, it's just the distortion in the background and the amplification I need to be able to hear things, along with the recruitment-which is probably the major issues at play--that is causing this. She works at a major teaching hospital/clinic and has had years of experience with these. She called and talked to the Phonak people as well as consulted her colleagues.

I would say its the recruitment that is bothering you. I have no hearing in the speech range and the Naidas are powerful enough.

The Naidas have plenty of power to cope with your loss but they just don't work for you like Oticon don't work for me.

My audi has ordered these for me. I've been trialing a pair of Starkeys. The starkeys have excellent feedback control but weren't cutting it at work, which is restaurant kinda noisy. I'm cautiously optimistic, as I had loaner phonaks in college for a semester and they were excellent.

Posted from Alldeaf.com App for Android

Good Luck. I love my Naidas, they are the best hearing aids so far and work very well in noisy places for me :)

Back