Phonak Naida Q SP/UP and RIC officially out now!

It's very common if you put your hands near yours ears for them to whistle.

I can't wear hats or wear my hair down coz I get feedback but I've learnt to deal with it.

Right now I get so much more feedback from my left aid though, my right one just doesn't bother me nearly as much. I'm anxious to see how much feedback I'll get with my settings on my Naidas!

Yeah the feedback from putting your hand or other object near the aid is normal.

I personally found my feedback to improve massively with sound recover turned off.

Without sound recover, the Naidas only go upto 5000htz, with sound recover on, the Naidas go upto 8000htz. It's the high frequencies that contributes to feedback.

Wait, these new ones have issues with feedback, really, that depresses me. My current aids I have work at it to get them to squeal, I'm not even sure they do squeal now that I think about it. I've been feedback free for 2 years.

The Naidas have good feedback control. I generally only have problems when I need new ear molds, which is right now. Can't wait to get my redo molds next week. Just hope the fit comfortably.

The Naidas have good feedback control. I generally only have problems when I need new ear molds, which is right now. Can't wait to get my redo molds next week. Just hope the fit comfortably.

Do you have hard or soft molds?

Do you have hard or soft molds?

Wait, these new ones have issues with feedback, really, that depresses me. My current aids I have work at it to get them to squeal, I'm not even sure they do squeal now that I think about it. I've been feedback free for 2 years.

Love Blue has soft molds.

Feedback will also depend on the persons hearing loss as well, not just the hearing aids.

HOH-ME said:
My current aids I have work at it to get them to squeal, I'm not even sure they do squeal now that I think about it. I've been feedback free for 2 years.

So jealous. My Siemens Artis 2 give me more unwanted feedback than a bus full of backseat drivers.

Posted from Alldeaf.com App for Android

So jealous. My Siemens Artis 2 give me more unwanted feedback than a bus full of backseat drivers.

Posted from Alldeaf.com App for Android

Not sure if your have feedback block on your HAs but with me, when I said to my Audi, I don't think feedback block is actually working, I was told, yes it working very hard but due to the amount of power I have, it won't take away all feedback.

Feedback block reduces gain which for me, can only do it a little before I can't hear anything so that's why I got told, I still have feedback problems.

Yes, I have soft molds. She filed them a bit, which did reduce the discomfort on the one that really hurt, but both were giving me on & off discomfort so we decided to get new ones made. I switched back to my old ones until I get the new ones. That's why I'm suffering from feedback right now.

Anyone know of the actual size differences of the SP and the UP? I currently have SP-sized hearing aids (old Phonaks) and am looking to get the new Q UP's, but was wondering of the size comparisons. Any input?

Note: I ask here because I can't find this info anywhere without going to the Audi offices, which is a good drive for me.

Anyone know of the actual size differences of the SP and the UP? I currently have SP-sized hearing aids (old Phonaks) and am looking to get the new Q UP's, but was wondering of the size comparisons. Any input?

Note: I ask here because I can't find this info anywhere without going to the Audi offices, which is a good drive for me.

27d862f3.jpg

How on level on volume? I need to know accurate to make sure loud. wise between on loud on between on accurate loud and low, I need. I wait for 2014- 2016 approximately quality on demand :( It is exactly on problem Nadia SP problem odd on not limit volume!

I got my Q's last week. They are much larger than my Starkeys but they are lighter. They are wider which I am adjusting too-more so on my left ear. The tube from the ear mold is rubbing on my ear so I need to get that fixed. Still not happy with how they are working for me. I'm going in tomorrow to see about the TK setting that Naidia directed me to. Hopefully I see some improvement.

What I do like about them--if I can get rid of the static in the background they are more clear and I think I will have better speech recognition. I heard my car beep when I locked the door--never heard that before.

I love the volume buttons. They are the only way I can wear them right now. I also really LOVE the mute button...which is sad that it's my favorite feature right now. The batteries are supposed to last 2 1/2-3 weeks-that is a huge plus over the 4-5 days I got with my old ones.

Not sure I'm liking the skeleton molds though. They are harder to get in and I feel like I'm adjusting the fit all the time. I'm going to ask about that tomorrow too.

If I can't get this static issue resolved I'm not keeping these though. I can't deal with listening to that all the time. It's like frying bacon while trying to hold a conversation, all the time, minus the bonus of getting to eat some bacon :D.

The static might also be to do with too much compression. When I first got the Naidas, I had sounds (thinking about it was a static sound) in my Naidas everytime I ran the water or frying something in the pan, it would be make a weird noise. That was resolved my the compression being changed.

The static might also be to do with too much compression. When I first got the Naidas, I had sounds (thinking about it was a static sound) in my Naidas everytime I ran the water or frying something in the pan, it would be make a weird noise. That was resolved my the compression being changed.

She did work with the compression and that did help but it also muffles voices but if the TK setting doesn't help I will have her adjust the compression and see how that works in real life. The frying sound or water running is exactly what I hear, all the time, right now. She kept trying to tell me it's normal with how "powerful" I need them but I know that's not right either. There has to be some way to suppress the background sounds some without reducing the voice quality.

If you ever had analogs they used to be set so they cut off louder sounds so you didn't damage your hearing more. When those sounds cut off it produced this same noise--static, bacon frying, whatever. This is what they are doing. If she can't get some better results I will have her call the Phoniac people and see if they have suggestions.

She did work with the compression and that did help but it also muffles voices but if the TK setting doesn't help I will have her adjust the compression and see how that works in real life. The frying sound or water running is exactly what I hear, all the time, right now. She kept trying to tell me it's normal with how "powerful" I need them but I know that's not right either. There has to be some way to suppress the background sounds some without reducing the voice quality.

If you ever had analogs they used to be set so they cut off louder sounds so you didn't damage your hearing more. When those sounds cut off it produced this same noise--static, bacon frying, whatever. This is what they are doing. If she can't get some better results I will have her call the Phoniac people and see if they have suggestions.

With the Naidas and maybe other Phonaks, you can have 3 settings, prescribed compression, semi-Linear and Linear. Maybe worth a try with semi linear if nothing else works.

Also there are many different ways to fit the Naidas, you properly have the Phonak Digital something, but I know there are 3 others and maybe more. Think its called the Fittimg forumla. Can't think off hand and I'm away from home at the moment so can't check it up.

With the semi linear, it won't compress the sounds as much so it may help.

Back