Phonak Naida Q SP/UP and RIC officially out now!

I have to wait a few years before I trade up for another model. Unless there is something really ground breaking, I'm not going to spend the money just yet.

It does look like the Q UP can handle profound loss really well, on the charts anyway.

Same amount of power as the other UP HAs but it has way more features.

BTW VGuy, none of the neat new features, like speech in wind etc, you would be able to use as they need two aids to work from what I've read >.<

Everything extra that is on the Q UP that you could use, is on the Naida S that you have now :)

Same amount of power as the other UP HAs but it has way more features.

BTW VGuy, none of the neat new features, like speech in wind etc, you would be able to use as they need two aids to work from what I've read >.<

Everything extra that is on the Q UP that you could use, is on the Naida S that you have now :)

I'm not surprised. Luckily, I have cool people like you to inform and cheer me up. :cheers:
Thanks for helping me choose my current aid.

I'm not surprised. Luckily, I have cool people like you to inform and cheer me up. :cheers:
Thanks for helping me choose my current aid.

If you were only thinking about choosing a new HA now, you may of well just get the new Naida Q but it wasn't worth you waiting for the Naida Q for the new features. Doing what you did was good for you by getting the Naida S :)

I know Love Zebra has been waiting for the new Naida Q.

Call me crazy but aren't all those features in the Naida Spices?? I is confused

Call me crazy but aren't all those features in the Naida Spices?? I is confused

Not quite all of them like speech in wind etc.

Also with the Qs, the Duophone is on all levels of Naidas.

And also what was the IIIs and now is the Q50 now has 12 channels not 6 channels.

There will be sound quality increase, I've been told. Not sure if someone with the Naida S would notice but someone upgrading from the Naida Core will def notice :)

Grr why does Phonak insist on only putting a button on their RIC hearing aids. I would have to continue to carry a remote to change the volume. Also no mention of a telecoil in the feature list.

Grr why does Phonak insist on only putting a button on their RIC hearing aids. I would have to continue to carry a remote to change the volume. Also no mention of a telecoil in the feature list.

I might be wrong but in the Naidas, you just have telecoil programmed in to one of your program slots. Is that not the same for the RICs?

I know some hearing aids can have one HA be set as program button and the other HA set as volume. Not sure if the Phonak RICs aids can do that tho but it might be worth asking.

I might be wrong but in the Naidas, you just have telecoil programmed in to one of your program slots. Is that not the same for the RICs?

I know some hearing aids can have one HA be set as program button and the other HA set as volume. Not sure if the Phonak RICs aids can do that tho but it might be worth asking.

I currently have the Audeo (sp?) and there is no telecoil. That said it is a much smaller hearing aid so maybe this one will have it.

As for the two sides, I can only have one. I have a CI in my right ear (which is AB so the new processor coming out is going to have bilateral benefits with Phonak aids)

I currently have the Audeo (sp?) and there is no telecoil. That said it is a much smaller hearing aid so maybe this one will have it.

As for the two sides, I can only have one. I have a CI in my right ear (which is AB so the new processor coming out is going to have bilateral benefits with Phonak aids)

Ah ok...if you loss is bad enough for a CI, why don't you get a Naida? You would then get a telecoil, volume control and a program button?

Wonder if the new AB processor would link to any phonak HA as they keep showing and talking about the Naida UP linking and that's it. Maybe someone else will no for sure.

You properly have the Audeo with the sp receiver.

The new AB processor will have Duophone which mean you need a telecoil in the HA for it to work.

EDIT - Maybe the Naida RIC has the telecoil? It would work like the Audeo but the Naida has more power then the Audeo for people who are severe to profound.

Yea that's what I thought.

The Naida RIC would be the way to go if it links with the AB processor, rather then the Audeo RIC.

From my understanding, they have the same features with Naida having extra features like telecoil as they believe people who are severe to profound would tend to use telecoil more and also more power.

Yea that's what I thought.

The Naida RIC would be the way to go if it links with the AB processor, rather then the Audeo RIC.

From my understanding, they have the same features with Naida having extra features like telecoil as they believe people who are severe to profound would tend to use telecoil more and also more power.

Ah good find guys. That makes me much happier.

Yeah my hearing in my good ear is very weird. I have menieres so usually my hearing is fine and an Audeo hearing aid (standard receiver) is enough. When I have a menieres attack though, it is not. They haven't released all of the details about the new Naida CI processor but I hope that it will work with Spice based hearing aids. If not, this new Naida Q RIC hearing aid with the power receiver will work nicely.

Also I hope to initiate DuoPhone on the CI side and have it stream to the aided side.

Ah good find guys. That makes me much happier.

Yeah my hearing in my good ear is very weird. I have menieres so usually my hearing is fine and an Audeo hearing aid (standard receiver) is enough. When I have a menieres attack though, it is not. They haven't released all of the details about the new Naida CI processor but I hope that it will work with Spice based hearing aids. If not, this new Naida Q RIC hearing aid with the power receiver will work nicely.

Also I hope to initiate DuoPhone on the CI side and have it stream to the aided side.

That's cool :)

Duophone is basically telecoil working in both ears I believe. Not sure how you would go about making sure the HA can do that.

I doubt the new Naida CI will work with the spice...I would be willing to bed that it will have to go with the New Naida Q ..

I doubt the new Naida CI will work with the spice...I would be willing to bed that it will have to go with the New Naida Q ..

Bite your tongue!!! lol my aids aren't even a year old yet, when I finally get a CI I don't want to have get a new aid too ;)

Bite your tongue!!! lol my aids aren't even a year old yet, when I finally get a CI I don't want to have get a new aid too ;)

It's a new chip line though and phonak still wants to be able to make money lol good think I'm getting the new q for one side in case I decide to go with AB my naive UP is a core and the new UP will be be a q lol

I don't think the AB processor will work with core and spice coz things like Duophone and speech in wind wouldn't work.

They would want to make sure you could use all the features that works with the new AB CI.

Reading more about the partnership between advanced bionics and Phonak has me reconsidering cochlear as the CI brand I would choose.
But, would the new AB implant work with an older Phonak hearing aid or would I have to get a new hearing aid in the contralateral ear?

Back