Phonak IX Smart HA's, iphone 4 and icom volume

JimK

Reaction score
Hi, anyone out there having any volume control issues(too low) with their iCom's?
Thanks,
JimK

This was one of the reason why I decided not to order the iCom for myself. I trialed one my audie had for a couple of weeks and I just didn't care for it. Not enough volume. I've been using my EarTec Noizfree musiclink telecoil ear hook instead.

I use Phonak's Smartlink which I think gives better sound than headphones and a telecoil. Although, I wouldn't say the telecoil sound is bad (I used it for several years), but I do think the Smartlink is better.

Thanks for posting this, I've been looking into the iCom as it is cheap, but perhaps they have not worked out all the bugs.

Just got back from the audi and she ask if I had updated my iphone lately. Well......no.... She said when you get home update your iphone andthen try the icom again.
Well after updating the iphone 4 and making sure bluetooth was on and turning on the icom I tried the volume again and PRESTO...the volume control worked perfectly. Evidently Apple made some changes in the software in their latest upd because (at leastds right now) it sure made a difference in the Phonak HA's, and the iCom interface.
Thanks for the reply's.
Jim

Back