Phonak dai no longer available?

Ursan

Reaction score
I have a Phonak Nadia Q50 with a monaural DAI cable.

My Audiologist just told me that Phonak no longer manufactures DAI cables.

I have a compilot but the audio input jack is damaged and not everything I use is BT (like my office phone)

Where can I get a DAI? I've tried contacting Phonak but their attitude is to never speak with end users and that I need to speak with my audiologist. Problem with that is she's not very tech savvy and doesn't understand the language. Even in her office Phonak refused to speak with me.

Amazon.com offers DAI cables, but I'm not sure if they are safe or not as Phonak cables apparently have a resistor in them. Interestingly I can't see what the resistance is as it starts off @ one reading and then falls.

I am in desperate need for a replacement soon as the one I have is becoming brittle.

And on the subject, why does/did Phonak charge so much for a cable? I paid over $60.00 for the one I have and it's barely lasted a year. I've seen Monster cables go for less than that that are much higher quality.

Does your ComPilot is still under waranty?

It could be easier to get your ComPilot repaired or exchanged for a new one.

It was a refurbished unit. They (Phonak) gave it to me after giving me a series of defective hearing aids.

It might work to ask your audiologist to ask a more tech savvy colleague to make the call for you, including the info on what the resistance is. Generally one does better to sneak in to a company by asking to speak to an engineer who works with the product. This can require some play acting and scripting to make yourself believable, but once you are talking to an engineer they like to help anybody.

It might work to ask your audiologist to ask a more tech savvy colleague to make the call for you, including the info on what the resistance is. Generally one does better to sneak in to a company by asking to speak to an engineer who works with the product. This can require some play acting and scripting to make yourself believable, but once you are talking to an engineer they like to help anybody.

I tried. I was sitting in my audiologist's office and Phonak refused to speak with me. They have a customer care line, but you call, leave a number and wait for a call back. If you don't answer, you have to start all over again.

I got a DAI cable I'm not using anymore.

Sent ya private message.

I appreciate that. But the Phonak is a very particular cable. For instance, I can't use the DAI cables that I can use with my Oticon aids.

Also, never going to use Phonak again. Too many issues with them. The first 18 months I had these, they needed to be returned 5 times for various reasons.

I tried. I was sitting in my audiologist's office and Phonak refused to speak with me. They have a customer care line, but you call, leave a number and wait for a call back. If you don't answer, you have to start all over again.
Hilarious. Required call backs from the HOH, who do not hear their phones. Bad company- Phonak.

I appreciate that. But the Phonak is a very particular cable. For instance, I can't use the DAI cables that I can use with my Oticon aids.

Also, never going to use Phonak again. Too many issues with them. The first 18 months I had these, they needed to be returned 5 times for various reasons.

The DAI I was offering you are ones that I used with my Phonak hearing aids. Don't assume others on this forum don't know what they are talking about! Especially if they are making the offer to give it to you for free!

The DAI I was offering you are ones that I used with my Phonak hearing aids. Don't assume others on this forum don't know what they are talking about! Especially if they are making the offer to give it to you for free!

Didn't mean to hurt your feelings there. But since you didn't specify that they were for Phonak I felt it necessary to say. Don't be so sensitive.

Didn't mean to hurt your feelings there. But since you didn't specify that they were for Phonak I felt it necessary to say. Don't be so sensitive.

I have quoted Secretblend's post below. You will notice at the end is the comment that you were getting a private message. That probable already has more specific information for you. Did you read that message?

I got a DAI cable I'm not using anymore.

Sent ya private message.

I have quoted Secretblend's post below. You will notice at the end is the comment that you were getting a private message. That probable already has more specific information for you. Did you read that message?

I did, and they made no mention of them being Phonak specific. It still doesn't excuse being arrogant and presumptuous. Had I not asked and they were the wrong cables, at best they wouldn't work, at worst they could damage my hearing aids.

I chose to err on the side of caution. It was a very generous offer, and I'm sorry if it offended them, but I can't afford to replace these if they're damaged.

Back