Phonak ComPilot & TVLink questions

ohmylight

Reaction score
I'm setting up my new compilot and TVLink tonight. Two questions:

1) When I'm in Bluetooth listening to music and I turn my head to the right it cuts out and goes silent.

2) setting up the TVLink were trying to figure out how to set it up without disrupting the surround sound for my hearing boyfriend.... Every time I can hear it he hears nothing. We have the TV running as a computer with a computer running all the channels to tape things in windows media with captions and all devices (wii, playstation, computer, etc) running out of a central home theatre receiver. Specifically it's an Onkyo sr608.

Lots of techy questions. Boyfriend set it up and I don't fully understand it, but it seems to be either I hear it or he does.

Thanks in advance! Feel free to post, private message, or AIM.

2) setting up the TVLink were trying to figure out how to set it up without disrupting the surround sound for my hearing boyfriend.... Every time I can hear it he hears nothing. We have the TV running as a computer with a computer running all the channels to tape things in windows media with captions and all devices (wii, playstation, computer, etc) running out of a central home theatre receiver. Specifically it's an Onkyo sr608.

You might try to use the cable that came with the TVLink - the one that has the "RCA" plugs - one white and one red. Plug those into the sound (audio) out jacks on the back of the TV and then into the TVLink box. That should send sound to the TVLink AND also to the TV speakers.

Good luck

I am also considering getting the ComPilot Combo package. Can I set it up myself right out of the box? Or, if I buy it online because it is cheaper that way, is there something I have to pay my audiologist to do to set it all up?

Thanks for your replies and advice!

What Audeos can use ComPilot?

I have an original Audeo IX. Just Audeo. It doesn't say "YES" or anything else after the word Audeo except IX.

I am reading conflicting information as to whether or not the ComPilot works with the original Audeo IX.

Does anybody know?:wave:

I am also considering getting the ComPilot Combo package. Can I set it up myself right out of the box? Or, if I buy it online because it is cheaper that way, is there something I have to pay my audiologist to do to set it all up?

Thanks for your replies and advice!

It seems to me that the system can be used for streaming and TV link without the help of an audi. The remote setup needs an Audi though.

Turns out my cable/antenna is broken.... My replacement comes in tomorrow!

You might try to use the cable that came with the TVLink - the one that has the "RCA" plugs - one white and one red. Plug those into the sound (audio) out jacks on the back of the TV and then into the TVLink box. That should send sound to the TVLink AND also to the TV speakers.

Good luck

The red and white plugs are already being used by his surround sound.... My DJ friend suggested splitters?

@N8S
Yes, ComPilot will work as streamer with the first generation Audéo (CORE platform). The remote control feature however is only compatible to next generation Audéo S and Audéo Q (Spice and Quest platforms).

If the ComPilot from the combo pack is new, it will stream to your Audéo IX right away without settings.
Only if you want to change settings (language, speech level, Bluetooth features) you need HCP support.

@ohmylight
TVLink basestation is high ohmic input, so yes, a splitter for the red/white RCA cables should be ok.

Hope this helps
Michael

Michael,

I got the complete package in the mail today, and I charged the ComPilot for three hours as directed in the manual. It turns on, but the green light will not stay on except when it is on the charger. When I take it off the charger, the green power light keeps blinking. I tried to see if it would work, plugged in the loop plugs securely, hung it around my neck, have fresh batteries in my Audeo IXs and here's what happens:

1) My cell phone bluetooth says it successfully saw and paired with ComPilot, but I cannot hear anything through my hearing aids and no one can hear me;

2) The microphone for my girlfriend and the ComPilot both turn solid blue saying they are paired but I hear nothing through my hearing aids;

3) I connected the ComPilot with a double-male stereo cable to music playing on my computer and I hear nothing;

4) I followed the re-set instructions in the manual and got the violet light but no announcement of streaming or anything else came through my hearing aids;

5) I used my KeyPilot to turn the volume all the way up on my Audeos and also switched through all the programs including t-coil with no results;

Very puzzled and disappointed as I understood it would work with my first generation Audeo IXs (except for remote control).

I put the ComPilot back on the charger and it turned solid green immediately but if I take it off and turn it on, the green light only flashes.

Does all this mean:
a) It really has to be charged for more time - if so, how long?; or
b) My new ComPilot is defective?; or
c) Compilots really don't work with 1st gen. Core Tech HAs like my Audeo IXs?

Hoping you see this message and can give me some more advice,

Regards, Nate

PS Would also be grateful for advice from any other fellow forum members!

Don't know why it's not working with your HAs, but the green light does blink when it's on...just looked at mine to confirm. Also the blue light blinks when I'm not streaming BT.

I thought my audi "connected" my HAs with my ComPilot, so I wonder if that needs to be done with yours. Perhaps the Core HAs (which I also have) need this.

Back