Phonak ComPilot & things it can control

Hi Jane
Hope I got the questions right :roll: lets see....

For your first point, probably it helps if I say that your phone has two (2) different levels of connection to the ComPilot.
  • First level we call "service level connected" which means the phone and ComPilot see each other (the audio indicator shows a short flash every 2 seconds).
    In this mode ComPilot can be used as remote control, can take another stream, etc... so yes, kind of "as if no phone would be connected", but of course it is not really the same, as calls can be received, you could start voice dial or call repeat via ComPilot, etc.
  • Second level is the "real" connection with streaming audio from phone to ComPilot (audio indicator LED is solid blue, or slow blinking if stream was paused), this can be a call or also Musik.
    In this mode the main button is used to end/pause the stream, hence the remote control mode is not available.
The second part I did not really understand (sorry the link you posted did not work).
Your FM receiver has an analog audio output? Is my understanding correct?
So you use the 3.5mm cable to connect that receiver to ComPilot? Yes this should work.

One important point here is (and this is true for any streaming via ComPilot). Your HCP can set the HI mic attenuation. Default is -6dB, which in noise is probably not enough. The more attenuated, the clearer the FM or RemoteMic signal (Note: the HCP can set this attenuation individually for the streaming via Plug, RemoteMic, Music via Bluetooth and phone).

For the RemoteMic setting:
If the volume on RemoteMic is high (say level 11 to 14) it will also amplify soft sounds. So when used in noise, consider a level 7 or so and turn up the volume via ComPilot + button. It may be necessary however your HCP sets a higher Mic attenuation in the HI for this.

Michael

Let’s see if I can breakdown where I am at understanding where I am with answers to my questions and what still needs clarification. Please be sure to look at the part I have put in italic.

First off thanks to all that have responded.

I understood even before posting how to “Pair” the cell phone and ComPilot but what I was unsure of was how the ComPilot would act between calls if left “connected”. This is after having gone through the user guide a number of times. My understanding now is that the ComPilot will work the same way as it would if not connected to the cell phone if not currently on a call.

The idea of connecting the ComPilot to the receiver that is available as part of the church’s FM system just came up in passing. I now get the impression that if the audio cable that came with the ComPilot/Remote Mike set is simply plugged into the FM system receiver and the ComPilot it would get sound from both the FM system and the general room noise. What I have liked about my old way of using a T-Coil setting on either my old aid or this new one and a neckloop is that I get so much more clarity by it cutting out the reverberations in the room and just picking up what is coming through the mike (the pastor’s which is on an earhook is the clearest). Just in case it makes any difference the system at my church (and a number of others in town) is an older system from Williams where the receivers look like what was in this listing where you need to scroll well down the page. Williams Sound PPA Wireless Receiver Hearing Assisted Listening Device 72 1MHz | eBay Am I understanding this right?

I may well be coming back with more Remote Mike questions. It seems to be a very difficult job of getting the two volume settings to give me voice rather than too much room noise.

Mine is paired to stream music.
I'm similar to you per your discription - I hear the beeps and know the chatter but don't know what it says. I don't use it for phone calls but it does work for FaceTime video calls... It lags unless plugged in for netflix on my iPad. I have paired both my iPad and my iPhone and my Bluetooth is always OFF on my iPad and ON for iPhone unless I switch so it doesn't get confused and interfere.
Hope that helps. No one yet has mentioned dual devices or FaceTime calls :)

Hi, I have questions about Phonak Nadia which I just got it last Friday. I'm having a little hard time understanding since I have never had to use a compilot before. My question is what Bluetooth accessories can I use in order to listen to my music?? I had an old phonak which I use a t-coil from my ipod and I can hear out of it just great. Now, with this ComPilot, I can barely hear my music when I plug the cord especially when I was driving. I'm very disappointed and frustrated. I thought of buying a Bluetooth receiver/transmitter that will hook up to my iPod and I wondering if it'll work. I have a lot to learn about this new hearing aids. Any suggestions??
Thanks
Lauria

The ComPilot is a Bluetooth receiver. Have you tried turning up the volume on either the iPod or on the ComPilot?

Sent from my iPhone using AllDeaf

Yes, I did and I can barely hear it. Should I ask the audiologist to turn it up?? I never had this problem with my other hearing aids with T-coil.

Yes, I did and I can barely hear it. Should I ask the audiologist to turn it up?? I never had this problem with my other hearing aids with T-coil.

Have your audi up the volume on the ComPilot. You might want to take in your iPod in with you so you can check it out while you're in the office.

Is anyone familiar with A2DP bluetooth?? I'm looking for a landline phone that will work with this hearing aids without using the ComPilot..

Is anyone familiar with A2DP bluetooth?? I'm looking for a landline phone that will work with this hearing aids without using the ComPilot..

Yes, there is a new phone that Phonak has brought out that you don't need your Compilot for.

I just got my new Phonaks and Compilot today and what I found I had to do with my Samsung Galaxy 4 phone for music is to into the phone settings and choose bluetooth, once open you will see Phonak Compilot, click on the settings icon next to it and it will open up another menu that you select for "Call Audio" (phone) and the other is "Media Audio" (music). This ensures your bluetooth will do both those tasks paired with your Compilot.

Now another option I found because I couldn't get enough volume for my music was to choose a default volume setting for my music player on my phone. I chose full sound so that I could use the Compilot to take the volume down if needed.

Still learning it all!

Back