Phantom Member

deafdrummer

Reaction score
It seems we have a member who is interested in getting in touch with me. Apparently, I can't even leave the person a visitor message, and the person does not exist in the member's list... Has Alldeaf been cracked? The visitor message I got was from "deafharley" exactly spelled. There is also no member profile page for this. I just sent to Alldeaf's main forum page when I click on that name. The person did leave me her email address. Please find out if this is a person trying to figure out where I am.

Thanks

It seems we have a member who is interested in getting in touch with me. Apparently, I can't even leave the person a visitor message, and the person does not exist in the member's list... Has Alldeaf been cracked? The visitor message I got was from "deafharley" exactly spelled. There is also no member profile page for this. I just sent to Alldeaf's main forum page when I click on that name. The person did leave me her email address. Please find out if this is a person trying to figure out where I am.

Thanks

It's probably a scammer who is sending it to lots of members and already got banned.

That happens a lot.

Oh... And Houston, TX in your location is kind of a giveaway as to where you are. :P

It's probably a scammer who is sending it to lots of members and already got banned.

That happens a lot.

Let's see if the moderator confirms this. I need positive confirmation. The email address supplied might be a way to confirm a live address.

Edited to add a photo of the message that was sent to me and the email address supplied to me.

Attachments

• phantom-member.png
    phantom-member.png
    49.9 KB · Views: 24
Let's see if the moderator confirms this. I need positive confirmation. The email address supplied might be a way to confirm a live address.

Edited to add a photo of the message that was sent to me and the email address supplied to me.
Pretty standard scammer message. They are always seriously looking.

Saw a post cryptically similar here earlier today and I got one of those and replied. It was for Legal Shield trying to sell me a free service.

:|

They're all scammers.

Here's what I'll do. Go some place to get an anonymous email address and find out what this is, and then tear their asses up. Too bad I can't do it in person so I can make a citizen's arrest and drag their asses to the jail house.

Oh well. If I die before the spammer does, you can bet I'll be waiting for him, and he will NEVER leave the planet in any form. GUARANTEED!

:cool2:

What? That message was sent almost three years ago. Is that the only one? If so, why talk about it now?

AD constantly tries to reduce scammers/spammer accounts from AD, some are permanently removed where you will no longer find their profile. Some will just show up as 'banned'.

If there are leftover visitor messages you can delete them yourself, or ask one of the mods to remove it for you.
To delete a message, check the box and at the bottom there is an option to delete the selected messages.

A detailed instruction is in this thread on how to remove them.

No, the deal is I had never seen this message on the visitor page before, Otherwise I would have posted this very thread over two years ago. Or did I? :giggle:

I'll go ahead and delete it - I suppose this deaf "hottie" has lost interest in me by now...

No, the deal is I had never seen this message on the visitor page before, Otherwise I would have posted this very thread over two years ago. Or did I? :giggle:

I'll go ahead and delete it - I suppose this deaf "hottie" has lost interest in me by now...
You sound like disappointed. :lol:

BTW, I just found out that another member got the same message from 7/11/2010.

AD constantly tries to reduce scammers/spammer accounts from AD, some are permanently removed where you will no longer find their profile. Some will just show up as 'banned'.

If there are leftover visitor messages you can delete them yourself, or ask one of the mods to remove it for you.
To delete a message, check the box and at the bottom there is an option to delete the selected messages.

A detailed instruction is in this thread on how to remove them.
I think the only option for regular members is "soft" delete.

Back