PETITION: To the DVD Producers

CatoCooper13

Reaction score
Is this a hoax or for real? Help!

Subject: SIGN THE PETITION, SUBTITLES

Hi all,
Many DVD distributors are no longer subtitling new releases!
Wanna see all DVDs with English Subtitles?
Yes?
>
So.......Sign please the petition NOW!!
http://www.PetitionOnline.com/amandam/

G'day to you all -- I recently recieved an email from an Aussie mate and asked me whether this was a hoax or for real. Can anyone in the US confirm this is the real thing or a hoax.

Many thanks!

VamPyroX said:
In order to make this a valid petition, Amanda Masterman would need to include proof that they will stop using subtitles in DVDs. Subtitles is something that is expected from most DVD producers and this is also something that they will never stop doing. Amanda Masterson is probably just a misunderstood woman who got frustrated with a few non-subtitled movies and decided to go overboard with these accusations.

I got that same email a few days ago. How can find out it's a hoax? How can know? Where can I do that to find out any emails that may be hoax?

Thank you

~PA~

right now, there is no such a law that required to have subtitle or closed caption on DVD, only VHS (tape).

Of course, it take a while to process to pass the law for CC or subtitle on DVD include the special features.

I am surprise there is 100% CC available on Indiana Jones in DVD include special features. It's so nice of Steven Spielberg and George Lucas! :) It's worth to watch!

PurpleAngel70 said:
I got that same email a few days ago. How can find out it's a hoax? How can know? Where can I do that to find out any emails that may be hoax?

Thank you

~PA~
Usually, it's best left alone until proven. The petition has nothing to back it up. No article. No news. No magazines. Nothing.

It is frustrating not having new releases subtitled, some releases like Bulletproof Monk and Thunderpants don't have subtitles. But so far, most new releases HAVE been subtitled so that's good.

If they aren't subtitled, they are usually captioned instead.

Thunderpants? Hahaha, now that sounded funny!

Ziusudra said:
It is frustrating not having new releases subtitled, some releases like Bulletproof Monk and Thunderpants don't have subtitles. But so far, most new releases HAVE been subtitled so that's good.

Thunderpants????????????? :wtf: Is it a movie about someone who has a problematic bowel disorder and farts every second???????? :rofl: :fart: :fart: :fart:

Lol, WaterRats! I was thinking of this "thunder" being more in the front than the back!

VamPyroX said:
If they aren't subtitled, they are usually captioned instead.

problem is... they couldn't running on computer which will not show CC.. I do awared that there is lately verison of Mac 10.3 and latest verison of Media Player that does play DVD with CC.

Vampy, don't forget about Transformer on DVD. There is no subtitle or closed caption. I haven't get chance to know what heck they are saying since I was kid. *sigh*

illustrator said:
Vampy, don't forget about Transformer on DVD. There is no subtitle or closed caption. I haven't get chance to know what heck they are saying since I was kid. *sigh*
Yes, I'm aware of that. Some Canadian company decided to re-release the Transformers shows and they don't follow ADA as much as we do so it's the least of their concerns. I've already made constant complaints to their company and their excuse is that they simply transfered the old shows to DVD, nothing else. The same goes for another movie, Texas Chainsaw Massacre. They recently re-released that movie and it isn't captioned/subtitled. That's something we'll just have to wait a while longer for. We souldn't be concered about that. If we should and they were expected to re-release classics with captions/subtitles, then they'd go bankrupt in doing so. It's a time consuming and step-by-step process. Just be patient and more will come.

As for this petition, I would like to hear you name titles for current movies that do not have subtitles/captions. No, I do not care for independent producers such as "Two Left Shoes" since they don't have a good enough budget to make their movies subtitled/captioned.

Likely you said first place about hoax (Waterrats said)..

So I found out recently,
There was full address of http.. which u pasted some of missing last comment..

Here's...
http://www.petitiononline.com/amandam/petition.html

How's so interesting.. I believe someone tries to addy last comment "petition.html"
*hmmmmm* may be lead to hoax again.. ((chuckles)) or serious wha..ever..

by the way..

your opitions...

Bullym0m said:
Likely you said first place about hoax (Waterrats said)..

So I found out recently,
There was full address of http.. which u pasted some of missing last comment..

Here's...
http://www.petitiononline.com/amandam/petition.html

How's so interesting.. I believe someone tries to addy last comment "petition.html"
*hmmmmm* may be lead to hoax again.. ((chuckles)) or serious wha..ever..

by the way..

your opitions...

Ohhhh...:Oops: Me bad....:lol: Thanks for the correction of the link, Bullym0m! :thumb:

I have a question... re those Indiana Jones DVD, does 100% CC mean 100% accuracy in subtitles or just 100% because they included the special features too.

I did some checking and it sounds like its a hoax - I would think they would need subtitles and I do know that NCI has started including DVDs in their language for captioning rules.

Smiles!

In order to make this a valid petition, Amanda Masterman would need to include proof that they will stop using subtitles in DVDs. Subtitles is something that is expected from most DVD producers and this is also something that they will never stop doing. Amanda Masterson is probably just a misunderstood woman who got frustrated with a few non-subtitled movies and decided to go overboard with these accusations.

Back