Personal Audio Cable needed (N5)

RonJaxon

Reaction score
I use my personal audio cable quite a bit. But mine stopped working. To be honest I really can't afford to pay $150 for a length of wire right now that they charge for them at the cochlear online store. And insurance doesn't cover it.

I'm willing to pay for one. But just trying to get the best price I can. I know a few Cochlear Implant users in my area and none of them use their personal audio cable but they don't have the N5. So I couldn't use theirs.

So I'm taking a shot in the dark here. If any of you don't use yours and would be willing to sell one to me for a fair price. Please let me know. I use mine for phone calls and listening to music, audiobooks and news.

Thanks for your attention.

Ron

Wirelessly posted

Thanks. I tried eBay with no luck yet. I'll try the other. Thanks.

How long have you had the N5? From what I was told, all the accessories are covered under the N5's original warranty.

Wirelessly posted

Mine was activated Dec 21, 2009.

I'm confused because when I called cochlear they told me that the personal audio cable was not covered by insurance. So I had to pay for one. But since I couldn't find anyone that could sell me one for a used price. And I really need mine. I went ahead and ordered one from the cochlear online store.

But when I went though the checkout on the site they asked if I have Medicare or Medicare. I clicked "yes". Then the next page said my order is being processed. They never asked for my credit card information so it seems that the site is saying its covered by insurance but the phone call told me it wasn't. So I have no idea what's going on now.

could it be that it's covered as part of DME (Durable Medical Equipment)? Hopefully you can get an answer from someone somewhere somehow about this.

Hopefully you can get an answer from someone somewhere somehow about this.
g.gif

I had thought of having some made mass production because honestly, theyre easy to make besides the end of the wire that ONLY COCHLEAR makes. Its just a wire... thats it.

N5, newer then freedom....

OH okay.. sorry i misread what he said on his first post.. :giggle:

Well I tried my old personal audio cable that i used a lot for my freedom, I tried in the adaptor to see if it fits in the N5, and it seems to work okay! soo I don't know if Ron has the freedom personal audio cable. But maybe he could use that for awhile until he has the money to buy the new cable for the N5.

I think Ron got the N5 right off the bat, he never got the Freedom.

I know I am a little late in the post, but does anyone have any idea where I can get an audio cord for a Freedom processor. I definitely cannot afford $130 Cochlear America wants to charge.

Back