Permanment or temporary?

shel90

Love Makes the World Go Round
Premium Member
Reaction score
Permanment or temporary.....?

Jobs? Deafness? ASL User? In a relationship? or......?

Nope, none of these..

Someone created a thread about ADers who no longer posted and asked us who do we wonder about.

Now, I am wondering....

Do you see yourself here on AD on a temporary basis or on a permanment basis. Or do not know?

If someone asked me that 5 years ago, I probably would have said temporarily but here I am 5 years later and still actively posting. I feel that I am here for life.

What about you? :)

I'm concerned with the direction that AD is taking. More audism is being condoned...and more censorship by micromanagers. (I'm just being blunt.). I do find that the community of AD has some of the most amazing people, and I'm fortunate to have the opportunity to get to know some of them. A few I got to meet in real life. I even married one of them! :giggle: One day we will explain how we "met"...it's really a strange, amazing, and unbelievable story. Sometimes I forget he's a member on here, and I'll post something and later think...oh..shit...hope he doesn't see it! :shock:.lol

I'm concerned with the direction that AD is taking. More audism is being condoned...and more censorship by micromanagers. (I'm just being blunt.). I do find that the community of AD has some of the most amazing people, and I'm fortunate to have the opportunity to get to know some of them. A few I got to meet in real life. I even married one of them! :giggle: one day we will explain how we "met"...it's really a strange, amazing, and unbelievable story. Sometimes I foeget he's on here and I'll post something and later think...oh..shit...hope he doesn't see it! :shock:.lol

When I first joined AD, there was a different kind of audism so I guess it will always come in many different forms with different people.

meeting the ADers in real life is what keeps me coming back here.

I wish I could tell you the story about TheWriteAlex but I need his permission first. GRR!

How was audism different? (Curious)

There were several members who were deaf who have constantly criticized the Deaf community for not liking their way of signing which was SEE. Then, it escalated to how SEE was better than ASL or something about "if those in the deaf community dont want to sign in MY way, then they are not worth it." Something about how they should sign in SEE when chatting with them. It is all vague and then arguments broke out about not respecting ASL and them saying that ASL was broken English...blah blah.

What is SEE? I tried to google it but didn't come up right.
For the topic, I am a permanent reader, maybe not so permanent writer.

Back