Percentage of adult women living with parents hits 75 year high

I think it can be beneficial to combine resources so everybody can have a better standard of living.

I think Japan is much worse than here.

Oh wow, I bet that Japanese homes are smaller than American homes like cramped housing.

The flats in Hong Kong is smaller and you have to spill $8,000 per month to get full room that live like America.

Oh wow, I bet that Japanese homes are smaller than American homes like cramped housing.

The flats in Hong Kong is smaller and you have to spill $8,000 per month to get full room that live like America.
Yup, that's true.

I am not surprise by this at all , I heard of adults children having to move back home , this been on the news a few times . The way the cost of living keep going up and being affordable housing shortages some people have no choose but to move back home .

I think it can be beneficial to combine resources so everybody can have a better standard of living.

That's why I do it. I could live on my own in a place the size of a closet and have no support system or I can live with my parents and give them money to help with their expenses and be there to help them. In turn, I get my clothes washed and a hot meal waiting for me when I get home and help with the cable bills. I'm always surprised by children that move away and never call their parents to see how they're doing or if they need anything. It's an unfortunate part of our culture I think....

Laura

Not ideal for all families....I struggled and made it on my own (no parents)...My boys are on their own....came home a few times and saved their $$ and were able to get their own places or with roommates. Strongly independent, and I like that.....

It causes a lot of conflict also...if the young person is on drugs...staying out late....when the Parents do have rules that they cannot abide by.

Of course, if an adult child lost their job...I would allow it. But my rules would apply...and they know it...so they are still working everyday and not goofing off as some young adults do.

My oldest son did call and said "I need to come stay with you for awhile!"....and I said...."What For?"....:roll:...seems he was argueing with his wife and they have a baby.....Welllll....I told him..."you are not walking out on your responsibilities son!....Sit down and get this straighted out.:

They did....and all is fine now.

Very bad in uk especially in London and outer areas young people just can not afford mortgage it sad work hard study hard no money to have home

Not ideal for all families....I struggled and made it on my own (no parents)...My boys are on their own....came home a few times and saved their $$ and were able to get their own places or with roommates. Strongly independent, and I like that.....

It causes a lot of conflict also...if the young person is on drugs...staying out late....when the Parents do have rules that they cannot abide by.

Of course, if an adult child lost their job...I would allow it. But my rules would apply...and they know it...so they are still working everyday and not goofing off as some young adults do.

My oldest son did call and said "I need to come stay with you for awhile!"....and I said...."What For?"....:roll:...seems he was argueing with his wife and they have a baby.....Welllll....I told him..."you are not walking out on your responsibilities son!....Sit down and get this straighted out.:

They did....and all is fine now.

What about young adults with medical issues or disabilities that unable to work?

Does that mean my 18 year old daughter who just moved back from AZ will still live with us for another 10 years????? Lol

Twice as many to cook and clean. :whistle:

It is true...got my roommate, myself, and my hubby take turns cooking. I love it because I HATE cooking. As for cleaning...more people living in the same place, the more messy it becomes.

Twice as many to cook and clean. :whistle:

Adult children can cook for their self or cook the meal for the whole family .
When my sister and I moved back East from California we stayed at our mom's house until me could find a place for our own for our families and my sister and I cooked meal for our mom and I did yard work . Mom had less work to do b/c we helped around the house. And mom was loved spending time with her 2 granddaughters.

What about young adults with medical issues or disabilities that unable to work?

That's a different aspect of the situation....Then again, it depends upon the parents being able to care for their disabled child.

I know of many people who are disabled and live on their own...even blind. And there are many parents who cling to their disabled child and not giving them the opportunity to be self-sufficient. It depends upon the severity of the disability.

One of my neighbors went into a coma after deep sea diving...he lost his mobility...in a motorized wheel chair. Brain damage....loss of one arm and cannot talk! He has a computer that he taps out message to converse with others....And he lives alone with his dog.....The government pays everything for him, even housekeeping....He gets around well...seeks no sympathy...and said he would not have it any other way....so Kudos to him!

Parents want to be alone for each other. They deserve it after raise kids.

If you're not a parent you wouldn't understand wanting to help your child out in hard times .

Sloth parents (Everything they fail to teach one of thing) trend let them stay. Become parents need remind them to find a way to teach them instead being rebel against their parents on one of little thing.

Sloth parents (Everything they fail to teach one of thing) trend let them stay. Become parents need remind them to find a way to teach them instead being rebel against their parents on one of little thing.

That's not always true.

Some young adults have to stay with parents due to poor economic condition or limited opportunities and they cannot afford to move out to live on their own.

Not all people have luck.

Back