People are so mean!

I think we're entitled to a right to be deaf.

I mean there are families out there who don't give their children simple western medicines. I remembered a case from years ago where the kid died and a simple, recommended dosage of medicine wouldn't saved his life. I don't remember the outcome of the case exactly but I think the court decided that the family was not responsible for the Childs death.

Safety has always been an issue, but not to the point where laws need to be put into place for not wearing a hearing aid...I mean is it some insurance company who is afraid of backing a product that may have a higher chance of an accident? (prius).

Comments are much nastier online than they are in real life. I doubt most posters would say the same things in real life than online. For AD, this isn't as much as a problem simply because we know each other better than like all the users on YouTube

Last edited:
completely agree with you, and I'm late HOH.
OT, but it's awesome to see some late dhh folks come around to our way of thinking!!
I mean there are families out there who don't give their children simple western medicines. I remembered a case from years ago where the kid died and a simple, recommended dosage of medicine wouldn't saved his life. I
Oh agreed.
This is different from one of those "parents refuse to give the kid medience and they end up dying case"
You can be unaided or unCId and still have a rich full life. When you don't have hearing input, your visual perception tends to take over.
While I would encourage parents to look at aiding or CIs,( if they maxed out the aids)
I wouldn't say that should be mandated as something. Besides most even Deaf people wear hearing aids (and can pick up on enviromental noises)

I dont agree with there being a law mandating deaf people to get an CI...

not all deaf people can benefit from getting an CI, nor a hearing aid (like me) *rme*

YouTube sure has a lot of trollers on there.

So a few days ago I was on youtube, and I ran into a comment:

unknown poster: few years ago a deaf college student was riding his bike and then he got hit by a car and got killed b/c he couldn't hear the car coming nor the horn. so was it smart for him to choose that path rather not give the opportunity to hear in the real world? similar stories like this, this is why there should be a law for all deaf/hoh students to wear CI/hearing aids.

I felt very offended by this and wrote:

me: I DON'T agree that there should be a law for ALL deaf/hoh people to wear a CI/HA. First of all not many of us has the money or the insurance to afford either CI/HA, but also it shouldn't be forced on those who may just be happy the way we are.

I figured and hoped that it would stop there but nope. I go back to youtube to see another respond:

Unknown poster: Just for your knowledge, Wisconsin became the first state in the nation that passed the CI/HA bill to allow all of the insurances to cover these expenses so this will be easier for the parents! Surprisely, more states are going to follow this approach!

I don't mean to sound ignorant but I'm telling you the truth... Deaf Culture is already shrinking! Everyone knows that! Esp. the people who are deaf supporters but they don't want to show their admission of guilt!

I seriously cannot believe people are so vile.:mad:

Uh, tell that obnoxious asshole that there's a plenty of HEARING kids/adults got hit by a car, bus, train, motorcycle, and etc. What was his fucking excuse? I'm Deaf and I got hit by a car when I was six years old not because of my hearing loss, that she didn't stop before the red stop sign. I even had a hearing aid in my left ear at the incident. What's the fucking point with HA/CI since there was a report about a boy with CI got hit by a car not long ago. Now it's not just us deafies, also hearing people get hit by a moving thing every freakin' day. What next? Mandatory for all hearing people to have 2 more eyes implanting on both sides of their head?

Comments are much nastier online than they are in real life. I doubt most posters would say the same things in real life than online. For AD, this isn't as much as a problem simply because we know each other better than like all the users on YouTube

Oh yeah, pretty much indeed! ;)

Meh... some people are REALLY bored on Youtube and post comments like "fake and gay", "fake", "[insert bunch of swear words here]", "Learn to type and come back here" or other trolly responses. Best to ignore them because some will go to extreme measures just to get "umad".

Wirelessly posted

Not all people are mean, there are some good people out there.

So a few days ago I was on youtube, and I ran into a comment:

unknown poster: few years ago a deaf college student was riding his bike and then he got hit by a car and got killed b/c he couldn't hear the car coming nor the horn. so was it smart for him to choose that path rather not give the opportunity to hear in the real world? similar stories like this, this is why there should be a law for all deaf/hoh students to wear CI/hearing aids.

I felt very offended by this and wrote:

me: I DON'T agree that there should be a law for ALL deaf/hoh people to wear a CI/HA. First of all not many of us has the money or the insurance to afford either CI/HA, but also it shouldn't be forced on those who may just be happy the way we are.

I figured and hoped that it would stop there but nope. I go back to youtube to see another respond:

Unknown poster: Just for your knowledge, Wisconsin became the first state in the nation that passed the CI/HA bill to allow all of the insurances to cover these expenses so this will be easier for the parents! Surprisely, more states are going to follow this approach!

I don't mean to sound ignorant but I'm telling you the truth... Deaf Culture is already shrinking! Everyone knows that! Esp. the people who are deaf supporters but they don't want to show their admission of guilt!

I seriously cannot believe people are so vile.:mad:

It surprises you that hearing people do not respect the deaf?

It surprises you that hearing people do not respect the deaf?

It surprises me that we're all grown ups and discrimination is still tolerated... why? because some people are uneducated... I thought that crap was in elementary/high school.

Long ago when I worked at a Micky D's, my ex boss told another boss:

"If you can get Ashley I hearing aid that would be great!" In front of the ENTIRE co-workers.... needless to say I straightened his tie out in his office and let him know he violated his own "no putdown" rule.

It surprises me that we're all grown ups and discrimination is still tolerated... why? because some people are uneducated... I thought that crap was in elementary/high school.

Long ago when I worked at a Micky D's, my ex boss told another boss:

"If you can get Ashley I hearing aid that would be great!" In front of the ENTIRE co-workers.... needless to say I straightened his tie out in his office and let him know he violated his own "no putdown" rule.

wow!

Back