Peet Hall or Benson Hall?

Oh yeah, I forgot...MTB is going to be replaced too, you're right, Royale. The audiology dept is moving to SLCC anyway. The building is falling apart!

I have not heard anything about Krug and Cogswell (or Ballard West/North as they are now known) being torn down, where did you find that information?

Oh yes Peet, Krug and Cogswell Halls along with Mary Thornberry Building, and Merrill Library Center will be torn down and replaced with new buildings and green space within 5 to 10 years, if Gally is successful to find money thru donations and federal fundings.

Here's a link: Administration & Finance - Facilities Master Plan - Gallaudet University

You means Krug, Cogswell (both are Ballard now) and Peet dorm will be demolish? Where would freshmen students to sleep? Why does need demolish?

Oh yes Peet, Krug and Cogswell Halls along with Mary Thornberry Building, and Merrill Library Center will be torn down and replaced with new buildings and green space within 5 to 10 years, if Gally is successful to find money thru donations and federal fundings.

Here's a link: Administration & Finance - Facilities Master Plan - Gallaudet University

SLCC is open till August 25. :D Then next is to fix the MSSD school and will hope to finish help donation. I not see where render building is? I not see picture yet. :(

SLCC is open till August 25. :D Then next is to fix the MSSD school and will hope to finish help donation. I not see where render building is? I not see picture yet. :(

What's SLCC?

Ballard West = Krug Hall

Ballard North = Cogswell Hall

I think it is really unnecessary to change these names but the big brass at Gally administration pathetically changed them for public relation reasons. My friends at Gally where they are working as faculty and staff members, told me that they opposed the changes of these said dorm halls but it was nothing that they could do.

Yup, I hate name change.

I wish that Gally need keep name for Krug Hall and Cogswell Hall after murder, even change the name has nothing with society of murder in my opinion.

What's SLCC?

Sorenson Language and Communication Center.

It is located between HMB, SAC, and Benson Hall.

New home for ASL, Deaf Studies, Audiology, and some other departments.

It is not open yet, they are finishing the final touches now, it will be open in a couple of weeks.

Oh yeah, I forgot...MTB is going to be replaced too, you're right, Royale. The audiology dept is moving to SLCC anyway. The building is falling apart!

I have not heard anything about Krug and Cogswell (or Ballard West/North as they are now known) being torn down, where did you find that information?

From my friend and former boss who is still working at the Student Life and Housing office.

From my friend and former boss who is still working at the Student Life and Housing office.

Wow, I will have to ask my friend, her mother works there...I haven't seen my friend all summer but I will check with her when she comes back! Very interesting news.

You means Krug, Cogswell (both are Ballard now) and Peet dorm will be demolish? Where would freshmen students to sleep? Why does need demolish?

Merrill Library Center will be demolished and replaced by green space. Why? It is well-documented that it has suffered alot of water damage following the downpours several times every year since its inception. The building was concieved on a bad design.

Peet Hall and MTB will be torn down and replaced by new academic building and library vice versa because they are obsolete.

Cogswell and Krug Halls will be replaced by two larger apartment buildings because they were built on an obsolete design that is no longer in practice today. If I recall correctly, the Cogswell basement floor is unbalanced. The Hanson Plaza will be torn down and become green space.

Wow, I will have to ask my friend, her mother works there...I haven't seen my friend all summer but I will check with her when she comes back! Very interesting news.

Sure my former boss is now the director of SL and Housing office so it is obvious she has all inside information.

Sure my former boss is now the director of SL and Housing office so it is obvious she has all inside information.
Interesting...I wonder if we are thinking about the same person. :)

Merrill Library Center will be demolished and replaced by green space. Why? It is well-documented that it has suffered alot of water damage following the downpours several times every year since its inception. The building was concieved on a bad design.

Peet Hall and MTB will be torn down and replaced by new academic building and library vice versa because they are obsolete.

Cogswell and Krug Halls will be replaced by two larger apartment buildings because they were built on an obsolete design that is no longer in practice today. If I recall correctly, the Cogswell basement floor is unbalanced. The Hanson Plaza will be torn down and become green space.

Oh really, is 2 new apt are for freshmen students? Where would they sleep when cogswell and krug hall are demolishing?

Back