PDA--not the Palm Pilot... ;-)

Rose Immortal

Reaction score
This is kind of a weird question, but I was wondering...

When you see people making out in a public place, does that bother you at all? Is it something that doesn't faze you, or do you wish you could tell them to find somewhere private? I'm not talking about anything that would be illegal, just making out.

Personally, I find it very annoying, as though they're trying to put themselves on display, and I don't think it's respectful of others. I don't care if they're doing the same things in private, that's fine. But I'm just not big on PDA...

Thoughts?

Rose Immortal said:
This is kind of a weird question, but I was wondering...

When you see people making out in a public place, does that bother you at all? Is it something that doesn't faze you, or do you wish you could tell them to find somewhere private? I'm not talking about anything that would be illegal, just making out.

Personally, I find it very annoying, as though they're trying to put themselves on display, and I don't think it's respectful of others. I don't care if they're doing the same things in private, that's fine. But I'm just not big on PDA...

Thoughts?

Well, I feel the same way. The extent of our PDA is the occasional hand-holding and maybe a hand on the shoulder. The real fireworks occur in our home.
:P

I agree 100%.

A long time ago at a Willie Nelson show in Reno I saw two women making out at one of the tables. After that, I ignored Willie and just watched the two women!

:Oops:

I generally am not a big fan of PDA. I think there's a not-so-find line between "cute" and "PDA," a lot of people don't seem to understand that difference. I don't mind hand holding or hugging, or even an occassional kiss. The making out I definitely don't care for.

Riptide said:
I agree 100%.

A long time ago at a Willie Nelson show in Reno I saw two women making out at one of the tables. After that, I ignored Willie and just watched the two women!

:Oops:

Eep...that could be a bit distracting!

Although it doesn't matter to me whether it's a hetero- or homosexual couple. For me it's distracting and annoying whoever's doing it.

I agree. I think that some people go overboard with PDA. A simple kiss and a simple hug would be good enough. I don't need to be walking around and seeing people standing there making out like there's no tomorrow.

This applies to EVERYONE. I've often been yelled at by members of the GLBT community because I told them to "get a room" when they were making out. They accused me of being biased against them. The truth is... it's not because they're gay or lesbians, it's because they're making out. I do the same to straight people too. :roll:

What brought this on was I had the dubious "pleasure" of having a couple teenagers making out in front of me at Starbucks when I was trying to study. Personally, I don't think their parents would've been too pleased at it either...not that there was serious groping, but still! ;)

Rose Immortal said:
What brought this on was I had the dubious "pleasure" of having a couple teenagers making out in front of me at Starbucks when I was trying to study. Personally, I don't think their parents would've been too pleased at it either...not that there was serious groping, but still! ;)

U know not just teenagers do this, I have see some middle aged couple do this also. I don't know but it is more gross to me to watch older ones do this than younger ones.

Rose Immortal said:

You have three options:

1. Roll your eyes and mutter "teenagers" under your breath.
2. Tap them on the shoulder. Offer them false hotel room discounts and vacation getaways, privacy in public spaces (e.g. on the top of a cliff or an abandoned school bus in the middle of a forest), and reproductive health clinics referrals.
3. Post on AllDeaf.com and study with us. :D

Color me an opponent of major PDAs too. Holding hands and kissing on the lips are lovely. I even like seeing people embracing each other in whole body hugs. But making out? Tonsil hockey is not open to the public.

Back