Patriots' Day

Annie09Z

Reaction score
A holiday for the Maine and Massachusetts folks, celebrating the battle between the militia, and the British army at Concord and Lexington, an important event towards the freedom of our country.

You had me worried for a minute there. I thought football was back and therefore summer was almost over. :giggle:

A holiday for the Maine and Massachusetts folks, celebrating the battle between the militia, and the British army at Concord and Lexington, an important event towards the freedom of our country.

What form does this celebration take? A re-enactment?

Just remember the canucks kicked your ass when you tried to invade us multiple tmes.......back down marchin ye yankees were sent....-)

Just remember the canucks kicked your ass when you tried to invade us multiple tmes.......back down marchin ye yankees were sent....-)

They sure did!! :lol: My ancestry is from Quebec, as is most of Maine.

What form does this celebration take? A re-enactment?

Actually, in Maine there is no celebration now, might have been in the past, pretty much forgotten holiday. Schools closed, businesses and such. I think Mass may celebrate it more. Of course they have the marathon. Probably some reenactments too over in Concord or Lexington.

Yeah and nowadays when we ask you for help, the best you can do is to send over a couple of Coleman canoes! :lol: *Ducking*

You had me worried for a minute there. I thought football was back and therefore summer was almost over. :giggle:

Oh no !!! :lol: I am so not ready for football season just yet. I still need to get past SPRING thaw :)

agree, it is a very important day
g.png

Back