Parents house

sonocativo

Reaction score
Well my mom called me all freaked out Wednesday morning. She heard a pop and went to investigat in the kitchen. The ceiling fell???? Ok. So I drive down and sure enough to, the old plaster broke loose above the fir'd out and dry walled ceiling, the weight pulled all the nails holding it, the house was built in the late 1880's
Well guess whose getting a kitchen remodel?
Going to get a complete wall of cabinets, new lighting, flooring, the works... Guess who's doing it? Lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 31
you are doing this for your ma..you going be well experienced when you finished doings hers after yours...I thinking I need son like you

Dont know why when I post from my phone it only adds 1 picture after all the work? anyways heres the pictures.

Attachments

• sexy 008.jpg
    sexy 008.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 19
  • sexy 009.jpg
    sexy 009.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 19
  • sexy 011.jpg
    sexy 011.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 19
  • sexy 012.jpg
    sexy 012.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 18
  • sexy 013.jpg
    sexy 013.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 17
  • sexy 021.jpg
    sexy 021.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 18
  • sexy 024.jpg
    sexy 024.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 17
  • sexy 038.jpg
    sexy 038.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 17
  • sexy 039.jpg
    sexy 039.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 16
  • sexy 040.jpg
    sexy 040.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 18
Wow ! You got a lot done in a short time ! That would cost your parents a lot if had to hire someone else. I hope you will get a out dinner out or something for all your hard work.

Yeah, Im not sanding a ****load of new drywall. Going to mud/tape the seams, rent a texture sprayer and do a knock down texture and paint. All the wallpaper is gone, all the drywall is up. Taking a break since my neck and back are killing me from looking up too much. My son in law and his brother carried the drywall and dad helped put it up. I did the measuring and cutting and fitting everything. Added some new electrical outlets and can lights to brighten the kitchen. Adding wrap around cabinets and more. A lot more countertops as they currently only have a 5" sink/counter.... it will be extended the full length of the wall for more cooking and prep surface area. tore out the original built in pantry and adding a new modern one with pull out spice racks and more.

I was thinking your back had to been hurting after all that work . Your parents are very lucky to have you for a son. :)

I think wall paper need to go u can just paint fresh coat of paint to make it look new. :) just paint light colors to make kitchen look bigger.. :) or if she prefer new wall paper then that's fine but I'm not sure if they still sell other wall papers? :) but u are doing great job keep the up good work. :thumb:

What about insulation? While you had wall open seems a good idea if my impression that at least one of them is an outside wall is right.

Prettyerica, wallpapers are extremely popular right now. More so just on one wall and the others painted, though I've seen some nice paper on all walls. Regardless, he took down that nasty wallpaper. I think that stuff was ugly the day it was put on. I agree with whoever said to put insulation against the brick wall since you're covering it up anyway. I probably would not have covered it up if I wasn't going to insulate it because I like exposed brick.

Ok for those who have no faith....
Final mud coat done, a little sanding and primer to find any imperfections and correct them. Having someone I know to come and configure the cabinets needed and special order them as my parents want to go with better cabinets and want to basically wrap them around....soooooooo, depending on the special order, hoping to have done by friday but if the cabinets are not in stock them they will be later. Also doing new flooring and custom countertops.

Attachments

• kitchen 013.jpg
    kitchen 013.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 15
  • kitchen 016.jpg
    kitchen 016.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 15
  • kitchen 017.jpg
    kitchen 017.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 14
  • kitchen 018.jpg
    kitchen 018.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 14
  • kitchen 024.jpg
    kitchen 024.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 13
  • kitchen 044.jpg
    kitchen 044.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 13
  • kitchen 025.jpg
    kitchen 025.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 13
  • kitchen 033.jpg
    kitchen 033.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 12
  • kitchen 042.jpg
    kitchen 042.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 13
  • kitchen 041.jpg
    kitchen 041.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 14
Wow ! You sure been a busy bee! Great job , how is your back and neck holding out?

Wow ! You sure been a busy bee! Great job , how is your back and neck holding out?
I want to die !
My daughter and son in law as well as his brother have been helping with the labor. So thats a big plus.
Been knocking 12-15 hours a day at my parents going slow but getting there.

I want to die !
My daughter and son in law as well as his brother have been helping with the labor. So thats a big plus.

:aw: Don't do that . That good you're getting some help. That is a big job you're taking on , it looks like a 4 people job . I bet you're having no trouble falling asleep at night.

actually I havent been sleeping at all lately? I feel tired but lay wide awake all night. I did doze finally the other night for about 4 hours and wide awake again...

actually I havent been sleeping at all lately? I feel tired but lay wide awake all night. I did doze finally the other night for about 4 hours and wide awake again...

Maybe you're over tried , I have trouble sleeping when I get overtired . Some people take a warm shower to help them relax at night . Or get a real boring movie or book .

I want to die !

Just thought of something. If your days are running that long, are you simply staying over with them rather than spend even more time driving back and fourth?

well got all the walls finished with Kilz odorless oil based primer, tinted grey to hide stains and bleeds. Had my friend come measure for cabinets and counters so saturday Im taking my mom to pick the cabinets she wants as well as countertops so we can decide on paint color and flooring. Almost done. I got the ceiling finished, lights and trim, ceiling fan all installed

Attachments

• kitchem 002.jpg
    kitchem 002.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 12
  • kitchem 005.jpg
    kitchem 005.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 13
  • kitchem 006.jpg
    kitchem 006.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 11
Back