Parents are divorced, mom's bf won't accept me or my gf

Status
Not open for further replies.

gnulinuxman

Reaction score
My parents are divorced, I live with my mom, and she had her boyfriend move in about a year and a half ago. My mom's boyfriend wants me to be a normal hearing guy, to forget about deaf culture, and to break up with my fiancee because I "don't need no deaf girl..." :pissed: He also calls signing a childish game and says I should quit it. :pissed: He's especially mad that I have mostly female friends (my fiancee LIKES that about me). (This is the main reason I have a girl in my avatar: it makes me proud of the relative "femininity" of my personality.) He expects me to know everything about the car, for example. (I don't know a darn thing about fixing a car, but he thinks that because I'm a guy, I must automatically know.) He's shocked that I have almost no male friends and a ton of female friends. (yes, he hates that about me)

My mom and I used to get along before this guy came in. But lately he's got my mom convinced my fiancee is the reason I don't get along with "anybody" anymore. He's got my mom convinced I'm a juvenile delinquent (even though I'm 19). My mom loved my fiancee until her boyfriend started putting these ideas into her head. I can't move out yet because I need to finish college first. I have 1 year to go, but I can't support myself until I graduate. He keeps getting drunk and threating to beat me up, but nobody believes me about it except my fiancee and my friends. Any ideas? :pissed:

call police simple.. you have to rights your own protection reason why nobody believe you.... what more.. if he did beat you up.. unless if you have bruise or else.. tell police PROOF... that you're in pain and not comfortable..

You can tell police and want resitrain order your mom's bf... must get out the house!! Mom's bf cannot live w/you anymore.. you will not worry anymore..

Just my thought suggestion!

I would say that I do agree with GalaxyAngel.

You really need to get out of that house to getting away from your mom's boyfriend and your mom would be apologize for not believe in you and such like that. If he did hurt you, call the police QUICKLY and show the bruise and everything then police could believe in you instead of your mom's boyfriend. Also, your mom's boyfriend is VERY wrong abt Deaf Culutre because it's your choose to be that way or not, it's important for you to be happiness with yourself, your finacee, and everything like that. I hope everything will be work out with you.

GalaxyAngel said:
call police simple.. you have to rights your own protection reason why nobody believe you.... what more.. if he did beat you up.. unless if you have bruise or else.. tell police PROOF... that you're in pain and not comfortable..

You can tell police and want resitrain order your mom's bf... must get out the house!! Mom's bf cannot live w/you anymore.. you will not worry anymore..

Just my thought suggestion!
Tried it...didn't work, because he only threatened instead of doing anything physical. I live in fear he will do something.

Oh yeah, and he wants a restraining order against my fiancee because he thinks she's stupid (because she's deaf).

Sweetheart said:
I would say that I do agree with GalaxyAngel.

You really need to get out of that house to getting away from your mom's boyfriend and your mom would be apologize for not believe in you and such like that. If he did hurt you, call the police QUICKLY and show the bruise and everything then police could believe in you instead of your mom's boyfriend. Also, your mom's boyfriend is VERY wrong abt Deaf Culutre because it's your choose to be that way or not, it's important for you to be happiness with yourself, your finacee, and everything like that. I hope everything will be work out with you.
Thanks--I am happy my personality leans towards the opposite of my physical characteristics (60% Deaf Culture and 85% "feminine"). Unfortunately, until I finish college, I can't get out. I tried running away twice, but I got punished worse at home when they sent the cops after me. Both times they blamed it on my fiancee, not the real cause (my mom's boyfriend).

Ouch sounds like your mom's boyfriend is very controlling etc. Like others say you better to call police.

Or if ya got another family living near by ya, like grandma or aunty and uncles etc, ya could ask them to stay at their place for a while until ya finished college.

gnulinuxman said:
Thanks--I am happy my personality leans towards the opposite of my physical characteristics. Unfortunately, until I finish college, I can't get out. I tried running away twice, but I got punished worse at home when they sent the cops after me. Both times they blamed it on my fiancee, not the real cause (my mom's boyfriend).

Whoa, you are from Wisconsin correct?

If you run away and wont come back to home, your mom and her boyfriend cant force the Polices to do with you because you are over 18 years old already, that's the law in the USA. That's fact. You should ask my best friend, Fei Ku since she already experienced this run away, not same the situation as yours.

And, I hope everything will be alright with you. Good luck on the college and hope you will get out of the house after the college is done first thing. :grouphug:

Sweetheart said:
Whoa, you are from Wisconsin correct?

If you run away and wont come back to home, your mom and her boyfriend cant force the Polices to do with you because you are over 18 years old already, that's the law in the USA. That's fact. You should ask my best friend, Fei Ku since she already experienced this run away, not same the situation as yours.

And, I hope everything will be alright with you. Good luck on the college and hope you will get out of the house after the college is done first thing. :grouphug:
Yes, I'm in Wisconsin.

Unfortunately, I have no job (not allowed to get one), I live in the middle of NOWHERE (Muskego area), and the ONLY way for me to get anywhere is the car my mom makes me drive to school.

~SG~ said:
Ouch sounds like your mom's boyfriend is very controlling etc. Like others say you better to call police.

Or if ya got another family living near by ya, like grandma or aunty and uncles etc, ya could ask them to stay at their place for a while until ya finished college.
My mom's boyfriend is working on my family (what's left here)... most moved to Arizona and California.

hello

He has run away with me twice and the 2nd time he ran away, his mom and her boyfriend threatened to throw his stuff out. he needs his meds and if he moves out there is no way he will be able to get his meds.

Deaflinuxgeek

gnulinuxman said:
Yes, I'm in Wisconsin.

Unfortunately, I have no job (not allowed to get one), I live in the middle of NOWHERE (Muskego area), and the ONLY way for me to get anywhere is the car my mom makes me drive to school.

Ohhh... I do understand. But I just wante dto tell you the fact, you can run away and wont come back to home because you are old enough, you can find a place to live with someone of your friends or family or even your fiancee...

But it's up to you to not run away or yes, good luck :hug:

yea i did ran away when i was over 18 yrs old my parents knew that they cant force me to come back cuz over 18 yrs old is a adult age soo dont worry when u run away then they cant do anything to u ur will be fine as long as u are over 18 :)

Oh boyee! That's terrible about your mom's bf.
Do you think you could find a job so you can move out to live on your own?

deaflinuxgeek said:
He has run away with me twice and the 2nd time he ran away, his mom and her boyfriend threatened to throw his stuff out. he needs his meds and if he moves out there is no way he will be able to get his meds.

Deaflinuxgeek

Then he can pack stuffs up in the bag and leave? That's horrible to hear abt your fiancee with his mom and her boyfriend.

Sweetheart said:
Ohhh... I do understand. But I just wante dto tell you the fact, you can run away and wont come back to home because you are old enough, you can find a place to live with someone of your friends or family or even your fiancee...

But it's up to you to not run away or yes, good luck :hug:
My fiancee lives with her abusive parents. :(

Sweetheart said:
Then he can pack stuffs up in the bag and leave? That's horrible to hear abt your fiancee with his mom and her boyfriend.
Ironically, I brought this up at the last family meeting after my parents divorced, and my mom swore it would never happen. But it did.

fei ku said:
yea i did ran away when i was over 18 yrs old my parents knew that they cant force me to come back cuz over 18 yrs old is a adult age soo dont worry when u run away then they cant do anything to u ur will be fine as long as u are over 18 :)
It is not wise to run away if you don't have money. It is best if you find a job and then move out to have your own place.

Sweetheart said:
Oh wow...

Hmm, what abt your friends or any families?
This is what they say: "GO HOME! Your mothers know what they're doing!"

ButterflyGirl said:
It is not wise to run away if you don't have money. It is best if you find a job and then move out to have your own place.

Nope, she ran away from Michigan to Wisconsin, she lived with her ex boyfriend and his family for awhile then moved into their friend's apt to living there for awhile until finally, they lived on their own. That helped them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back