parents abused adopted children

At least these adoptive parents didn't go as far as a father from Broward or Dade county. He has attempted suicide in jail due to him realizing what he did. Daughter was killed and stuffed into garbage bags and taken across county lines. He stopped along side the interstate to murder the son and then commit suicide. Didn't make it since he couldn't bring himself to do it. However, son has some kind of acid or caustic type solution burn all over his body.

Jorge Barahona news stories | West Palm Beach News, South Florida Breaking News, Video from WPTV NewsChannel 5

Update on this little boy. He got to leave the hospital this week. DCF has placed his and the other siblings with their biological grandparents for now. The adoptive mother has filed for divorce from her hubby and he has tried to commit suicide 5 times while in jail. He has been moved to the mental hospital under guard until his court trial. The little boy has been able to tell the officials everything that the adoptive father and mother did.

With this new information, why weren't the siblings placed with the biological grandparents to begin with???

With this new information, why weren't the siblings placed with the biological grandparents to begin with???

I agree you! I think so my counsin knew my family awful

blame to parents

reason grandparent warned to parents

grandparents love chidlren mosts parents lazy stress!

my opinon tell me what you think

They originally did not want them due to health reasons. Now, they have recovered and they are keeping them for a short time. They will not stay due to the ages. Grandparents are in their 70's. DCF is keeping an eye out, but DCF is also being watched by other agencies.

They originally did not want them due to health reasons. Now, they have recovered and they are keeping them for a short time. They will not stay due to the ages. Grandparents are in their 70's. DCF is keeping an eye out, but DCF is also being watched by other agencies.

UGH, sounds like they need to be finding some aunts and uncles that are willing to take the children if possible even if it means splitting them up. At least the siblings will get to see each other on occasion. I seriously doubt these kids will be up to going through the adoption process all over again given their nightmare they just had to endure. They need to ensure that the children will be given counseling, and importantly encouragement, love, and a stable home that treats them with respect.

FL's DCF is a complete and utter mess. I'm sure it's like this in other states, too, but FL has a notoriously bad child welfare agency. It's been sh*t for years.

The thing about the foster system is that each state has it's own criteria and guidelines for childcare and adoption. There needs to be FEDERAL guidelines regarding the foster system in this country. One being that same-sex couples not be barred from adoption or fostering if they can prove they are in a committed relationship and have a stable income and can provide a stable home environment. This stupid law has closed thousands of homes off to millions of children stuck in the foster system whose belongings are contained to the space of a single kitchen size garbage bag and maybe one suitcase.

There also needs to be a tougher screening process. If there's even an accusation of abuse against one or both of the adoptive/foster parents, they are automatically removed from the pool of potential candidates. They need to talk to friends, family, and co-workers of the potential parents to draw a good picture of who they really are. Evidently anymore if you are a married couple with a pulse and no felony convictions you are eligible to become a foster/adoptive parent. Something is not right about the system, otherwise these parents would have NEVER made it past the screening process.

This terrible tragedy happens and yet this state still insists that LGBT couples would corrupt and damage the psyche's of children. I have to say that while I'm sure it has happened, I have NEVER heard of child abuse in a LGBT couple. It always seems to be hetero couples.

Back