Palm Treo 800w - Sprint's next Treo

deafclimber

Reaction score
An image purporting to be a prototype Palm Treo 800w in the wild has turned up, together with the news that the handset is also going under the moniker “Zeppelin”. While little of the hardware has been confirmed, bar the fact that it’s CDMA and that there’s a microUSB plug (rather than miniUSB), earlier rumors suggest a 320 x 320 touchscreen and, in prototype form at least, EV-DO Rev.0. As far as I’m aware, this is the first time the handset has been seen “in the plastic”.
palm_treo_800_prototype.jpg

The journey of the 800w has been a long one. Known to be a Windows Mobile 6.1 handset, it’s also meant to have Rev.A EV-DO and WiFi. Some estimates have put the eventual release date at June 22nd. Appearance-wise, it seems to be a blend of the Treo 750’s thumb-keyboard with Centro-like main controls.

Although many expected it back in April, Palm confirmed near the end of March that their Windows Mobile range would be delayed “until the Summer”.[

hey PowerOn. will this be your next mobile ? probably not ! :)

heh. good point taken. :) i doubt it would happen. i saw some previews on Android in geek sites. they look nice through.

Here is little off-topic....

Hows that Exclusive Pics of the Palm Treo 850?
bgr-treo-850.jpg

This is sporting a 400 MHz processor and 100 MB of RAM. Anyway, this look better & sexy than 800w, thats my opinion. Ha! I don't know if this goes to sprint or at&t... dunno..

from BGR There you go!

Hows that Exclusive Pics of the Palm Treo 850?
bgr-treo-850.jpg

This is sporting a 400 MHz processor and 100 MB of RAM. Anyway, this look better & sexy than 800w, thats my opinion. Ha! I don't know if this goes to sprint or at&t... dunno..

from BGR There you go!

thanks for adding this 850w to this.

850w will be for any GSM wireless carriers because its network is GSM850, GSM900, GSM1800, GSM1900, UMTS850, UMTS1900, UMTS2100. i beleive att mobility will provide that next few month. i have no clue idea when palm will add UTMS1700 on that as well as other types for TMO usa, but i am sure UTMS1700 will be added eventually.

800w will be for Sprint for sure. i am sure Verizon will provide that later.

thanks for adding this 850w to this.

850w will be for any GSM wireless carriers because its network is GSM850, GSM900, GSM1800, GSM1900, UMTS850, UMTS1900, UMTS2100. i beleive att mobility will provide that next few month. i have no clue idea when palm will add UTMS1700 on that as well as other types for TMO usa, but i am sure UTMS1700 will be added eventually.

800w will be for Sprint for sure. i am sure Verizon will provide that later.
Yeah its for att.. thats cool.. anyway Oh Tmobile had used to selling it in 2002 about. but TMO had stopped to selling it and won't get treo anymore. Because few customers who buy treo by tmobile. it hardly selling it on tmobile's market.. thats why they cut it off and felt that treo is useless..

Back