"P3 Beats Z4 in Side-by-Side Test"

66dude

Reaction score
Hi,

I received an e-mail message from Purple Communications about how the P3 beats Z4. The video is here.

After watching this, I had to laugh at the video.

1) Cliff was probably overloading the P3 Netbook so that the Z4 won't run. I never had a single problem with Z4 on my P3 Netbook.

2) Cliff states that there's a black screen when calling from Starbucks using the Z4. Again, I never had that problem.

3) Cliff fails to realize that he could type in the text box next to the Call button on the Z4 and instantly pull up any matches to his contact list.

It took me a little time to get the ZVRS local number (about a few days, but that was when ZVRS released the Z4 -- may be better now), and some time getting used to the more spartan look of the Z4, but I prefer the Z4 over the P3, especially since it has VCO Plus :lol: They shot the video in what appears to be a fake office with almost nothing in there but a few computers and a couple of chairs. I mean, come on... I know they are getting desparate, but they don't like they are even trying!

I watch that clip.

Purple ads about he ZVRS? Also Cliff doesn't memories or practice know what Purple feature... His eyes keep distract to P3 what it has and where was it...

So I found that lame....

Compare and put that on clip... Purple forgot... ZVRS and Purple is small VRS... what a dumb...

I watch that clip.

Purple ads about he ZVRS? Also Cliff doesn't memories or practice know what Purple feature... His eyes keep distract to P3 what it has and where was it...

So I found that lame....

Compare and put that on clip... Purple forgot... ZVRS and Purple is small VRS... what a dumb...

Why didn't they actually compare ALL of the features? Seems kind of fishy.

The Z4 has 3-way Multi Calling and you can put callers on hold. Can the P3 do that?

The Z4 has a Chat feature between you and the other Z4 user. Can the P3 do that?

The Z4 has presentation mode that allows me to show the other person anything on my screen. Can the P3 do that?

The Z4 (and all other Z phones) has My Mail that can receive Videomail from any videophone. Can the P3 do that?

The Z4 has the ability to record my calls. Can the P3 do that?

Like the OP said, the Z4 has VCOPlus. The P3 DOES NOT EVEN SUPPORT AUDIO!!!

BS Comparison. Cheap video. Bad example of a Purple employee that was FIRED from the Z for probably sucking at his job. (Which you can tell he still sucks at his job)

Last edited:
Hi,

I received an e-mail message from Purple Communications about how the P3 beats Z4. The video is here.

most lame video by Don and Cliff

me got P3 Z4 Sprint vrs on me laptop no problem

Z4 can record video. P3 cant

what is hurry to get local 10 digital nubmer?

It's true about trouble to find the link for download the Z4 software.

Z4 run smooth on my Macbook.

P3 do not support OSX but Z4 done.

Video was funny, ie. "This is he place where new technologies are created, etc..." and it' a paper sign taped to what looks like a conference room door. The view inside looks like a regular conference room used as a set for the video. There's more, but it just looked funny to me.

That said, my own comparison is that P3 is slightly better overall, but that it lacks some features Z4 has. Z4 has nice clear video, but I have yet to get ZVRS to w2ork because of black screens. Purple VRS works fine everywhere I have tried it. Z4 also fills my screen and when trying to use features on the sides I have to drag the whole thing over one way or the other to see those features. I like though that it is drag-able. P3 defaults to fullll screen which is annoying. The nice thing is I can make the video bigger with Z4. I prefer P3, but Z4 is pretty good too.

Hi,

1) Cliff was probably overloading the P3 Netbook so that the Z4 won't run. I never had a single problem with Z4 on my P3 Netbook.

2) Cliff states that there's a black screen when calling from Starbucks using the Z4. Again, I never had that problem.

3) Cliff fails to realize that he could type in the text box next to the Call button on the Z4 and instantly pull up any matches to his contact list.

It took me a little time to get the ZVRS local number (about a few days, but that was when ZVRS released the Z4 -- may be better now), and some time getting used to the more spartan look of the Z4, but I prefer the Z4 over the P3, especially since it has VCO Plus :lol: They shot the video in what appears to be a fake office with almost nothing in there but a few computers and a couple of chairs. I mean, come on... I know they are getting desparate, but they don't like they are even trying!

Dittooooo!!!!! :rockon: I have no problem with Z4 on my P3 netbook. It works really nicely. I noticed Z4 video ran better than my Z340!!!

Catty

Deafscooter here, the z4 is more better than P3 ( i tested and running on
my smallest Netbook & Mobile Nets Phone in my palm handheld netphone)

Back