Oy! Teacher Tells Student He Could Be Arrested for Talking Badly About Obama

Wirelessly posted

Freedom of speech does not apply in school. Which is why dress codes are applied and other rules.

I agree the teacher went too far as yelling at the student and tell him he is going to be arrested. She let her anger get the best of her. Perhaps teaching is not a field she should stay in.

As a guy that had normal hearing for 33 years, I missed the class where they taught us "sounds like a black person" dialect. Could you describe this for me? What are the cues?

REally? I find this hard to believe. It's not universal, just as not all people from the south sound precisely the same, and not all people from New Jersey sound precisely the same, and not all deaf accents sound precisely the same- but there are speech patterns that are generally shared by each of these groups and there is a particular speech pattern that is shared, in general, by the American black population.

It's not just the way they each pronounce certain words, but there's also a cadence, a rhythm to it. It's often very pleasant. The black poet Paul Lawrence Dunbar wrote some beautiful dialect poetry utilizing patterns and pronunciations representative of common black speech.

For the poet of color, whose repository of language is often composed of multiple “englishes” (standard English being only one of them), the dialect poem can become a site of great experimentation–and great conflict. Best known in the American canon, at least in terms of dialect poetry, are the works of noted African Americans poets like Paul Laurence Dunbar and later, Langston Hughes with his jazz and blues poetry during the Harlem Renaissance. Dunbar, often considered to be the first African American poet of national eminence, is widely read both for his black vernacular and standard English verse. The marked differences in syntax, register, tone, and even subject matter that distinguish works like “We Wear the Mask” or “Ships That Pass in the Night” from ”When Malindy Sings” are fascinating to me, particularly because both “voices” are grounded, I think, in Dunbar’s understanding of himself as an English language/African American poet.

Editors’ Picks: The Art of Writing in Dialect | Lantern Review Blog

There's nothing wrong with recognizing something that black poets and song-writers themselves celebrate in their art.

that's it? there's a difference between "race card" and "ribbing" :lol:

Who said anything about a race card? I said that you are the first one who brought up race, and you are. If that embarrasses you, maybe you shouldn't have brought it up.

Who said anything about a race card? I said that you are the first one who brought up race, and you are. If that embarrasses you, maybe you shouldn't have brought it up.

in case you didn't know... CrazyPaul is known for his dislike toward black people because of their violent, uncivilized tendency.

She didn't say "race card"......she said "race"

and....?

I guess you're turning a blind eye on her insidious attempt to turn this into a finger-pointing race card.

This is my thoughts why political issues are not always the best discussion to have in some situations.
Some folks can't control themselves from saying or doing something on the whim and can get emotionally involved in response.

It applies for any discussion, both in real life or online.

in case you didn't know... CrazyPaul is known for his dislike toward black people because of their violent, uncivilized tendency.

Yup, I'm notice about that too.

and....?

I guess you're turning a blind eye on her insidious attempt to turn this into a finger-pointing race card.

Race was not mentioned in this thread until you mentioned it....period.

So you were trying to provoke him then? That's a violation of forum rules.

Race was not mentioned in this thread until you mentioned it....period.

So you were trying to provoke him then?

see Post #109.

It's appearing that you are engaging in trolling and enticing. If you look at my Post #22 - that was it. the end of it.... therefore nothing's happening. and now look at what you're doing. you're dragging this on.

tsk. shame that you're resorting to this farce. you see mine as provocation and you see yours as "ribbing" - http://www.alldeaf.com/war-political-news/86651-our-financial-state-america-3.html#post1764873

That's a violation of forum rules.
I don't see
super-mod.gif
tag on you so why don't we leave this to mod to decide?

Unbelievable about that link (the teacher and the student)....I hope they kick her azz back to the skid-row alley she came from!

see Post #109.

It's appearing that you are engaging in trolling and enticing. If you look at my Post #22 - that was it. the end of it.... therefore nothing's happening. and now look at what you're doing. you're dragging this on.

tsk.

I don't see
super-mod.gif
tag on you so why don't we leave this to mod to decide?

Did you mean "enciting"? Anyway, the answer would be no. You asked the question....You brought race into the thread even if it was just one post. End of story.

Did you mean "enciting"?
No. Enticing.

10.) No enticing or provoking other members to cause them to get into trouble.

Anyway, the answer would be no. You asked the question....You brought race into the thread even if it was just one post. End of story.
like I said.... there's a difference between "race card" and "ribbing". I was "ribbing" CrazyPaul because he is known for his dislike toward black people for their violent, uncivilized tendency.

No. Enticing.

like I said.... there's a difference between "race card" and "ribbing" as CrazyPaul is known for his dislike toward black people for their violent, uncivilized tendency.

No one said anything about the "race card" not sure why you continue with this....

Back