Outlook Questions

golfnut

Reaction score
I use outlook express on an old desktop computer and all my emails are retrieved there. I would like to put that system to rest but need to be able to get my emails on my new equipment.
I now have a new desktop and a new laptop that I would like to run regular Outlook 2003 on them. The last time I set it up, my new emails were on the laptop and I could never get them from my desktop.

I am looking for two things:
(1) A central storage location for all devices
and
(2) A way to bring over saved emails from outlook express and keep them in Outlook 2003.

Thanks in advance to anyone that has helpful information on this.

I use outlook express on an old desktop computer and all my emails are retrieved there. I would like to put that system to rest but need to be able to get my emails on my new equipment.
I now have a new desktop and a new laptop that I would like to run regular Outlook 2003 on them. The last time I set it up, my new emails were on the laptop and I could never get them from my desktop.

I am looking for two things:
(1) A central storage location for all devices
and
(2) A way to bring over saved emails from outlook express and keep them in Outlook 2003.

Thanks in advance to anyone that has helpful information on this.

For central storage location of all devices, you would need to lease or run an exchange server but that is costly.

Exchange server is nice to have because all your Email/Note/Contact/Task are all same on all computer you access it from even from Windows Mobile Cell phone too.

And if you reformat or lose a computer that you don't lose anything you just reinstall computer or get a new computer and reconnect to exchange server that all information come back again both old and new emails etc.

Back