out of curiosity

I actually don't have good speech. I wish I did. There is much communication in public with non-signers, and people who don't know me often can't understand my speech.

I think life would be easier for me if I had good speech.

People are starting to tell me when I speak that I don't speak perfectly normally, but if they don't know me, they don't notice a difference. I'm just finding it increasingly difficult to lipread, especially after losing the last of my hearing. They have no idea how draining it is on my energy. And it's true, half the time, I'm just pretending to understand them because I'm tired of trying, and that's the only way to get them to move on. Fortunately, the people who are closest to me are learning to sign, and I'm very impressed with their progress! I've told them how difficult and tiring it is to constantly rely on lipreading, and so now they are showing me how much they care about me by taking on and learning a whole new skill just for me, and it's more than I know how to thank them for! XD

No.

I know it sounds horrible, but it gives me a real advantage. I went to worlds in debate and the only accomdation they made for me was that the other teams were forced to face me when we debated so if they spoke with a heavy accent I could read lips.

Back