Our camping trip

Reba

Retired Terp
Premium Member
Reaction score
These are some pictures from our recent camping trip. We had a pop-up camper set up under two oak trees, near the lake. One day we rented a boat and explored the lake, and ate at a fish camp restaurant.

Attachments

• campsite.jpg
    campsite.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 23
  • popup daytime.jpg
    popup daytime.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 21
  • popup nighttime.jpg
    popup nighttime.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 23
  • rentalboat2.jpg
    rentalboat2.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 23
  • Mac Daddy.jpg
    Mac Daddy.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 23
  • bridgenowhere.jpg
    bridgenowhere.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 30
So where is this? And any interesting experiences?

Short Stay Recreation Area (for military families)
Moncks Corner, SC

Lake Moultrie

These are some pictures from our recent camping trip. We had a pop-up camper set up under two oak trees, near the lake. One day we rented a boat and explored the lake, and ate at a fish camp restaurant.

What kind of fish do they serve? How does it work for the restaurant, assuming the fish comes from Lake Moultrie, for them to have these fish on the menu?

What kind of fish do they serve? How does it work for the restaurant, assuming the fish comes from Lake Moultrie, for them to have these fish on the menu?
Catfish from the lake is most popular. They serve gator tail, too, in addition to the usual chicken, burgers, etc.

Non-fishers, like TCS and I were that day, eat the catfish.

TCS knows more about the fishing stuff. Maybe he'll have time to post tomorrow night. (He's been working loooong hours recently, and then having to deal with the insurance and tree service people).

He did do some fishing while we were camping but didn't catch anything.

Maybe the goose thought Reba was cute and was trying to case you away. :giggle:
Nah. That goose wanted to attack me. He kept stretching out his neck and snapping his beak. It was weird because all the other geese (over 100) stayed together. This one was a lone rogue who came over to the human swimming area.

Nice, cozy spot under the tree, looks inviting.

Ooh, like your new avatar!

Nah. That goose wanted to attack me. He kept stretching out his neck and snapping his beak. It was weird because all the other geese (over 100) stayed together. This one was a lone rogue who came over to the human swimming area.

Maybe he was the head goose ? Do geese have a leader for their flock?

Nice, cozy spot under the tree, looks inviting.

Ooh, like your new avatar!
So do I, was going to comment on it somewhere. Another friend of mine from Charleston posted it on her wall a couple of days ago- and I think she or one of her friends were trying to find out who created it. I like it.

Maybe he was the head goose ? Do geese have a leader for their flock?
They have leaders when they swim by or fly by but it doesn't appear to be the same one all the time. It looks like they take turns, or sometimes breaks into smaller groups with their own leaders.

However, at the time we were swimming, all the other geese were gone from that area, so I don't think that was it.

I like Canada geese but I know they mean business when they put their heads down and stretch out their necks while coming toward you. :lol:

They have leaders when they swim by or fly by but it doesn't appear to be the same one all the time. It looks like they take turns, or sometimes breaks into smaller groups with their own leaders.

However, at the time we were swimming, all the other geese were gone from that area, so I don't think that was it.

I like Canada geese but I know they mean business when they put their heads down and stretch out their necks while coming toward you. :lol:

I know what you mean , geese can be very aggressive . I met a guy years ago that had a 'watch ' duck to keep people out of his yard. He said the duck did a good job.

My aunt had geeses around her pond, while fishing they would sneak attack you, sneak up behind and pinch you in the love handles, I'd kill me if I had the means back then lol

My aunt had geeses around her pond, while fishing they would sneak attack you, sneak up behind and pinch you in the love handles, I'd kill me if I had the means back then lol

Careful Mike, you're starting to sound like someone else here (geeses) :shock::lol:

Reba, beautiful pictures. Nice to see a lake that actually has water in it. Looks like an amazing place to camp.

Back