Oticon Sumo DM (digital master) Hearing aids

Dino65

Reaction score
I love it! I got them today. Best one I have ever had! No feedbacks, noise background cut down, and they are small! Also it helps to "mask" my severe tinnitus. Anyone has the same type of hearing aid as mine?

Yes I have the same hearing aid too and I had it for 6 months now. Up to last month, I had trouble hearing with it because it is digital and I almost gave it up. And of course I got very very angry after paying so much money for it and it not sound right for me. Then my audiologist configured it into like the analog sound for me after he realize that digital sound isn't working for me. Now it is so much better and so much relieve for me after keep going back to my audiologist many many times to have it adjusted.

Yep, digital sound is hard to get used to ! I wore analog hearing aid for 17.5 years and then switched to digital hearing aids. In the beginning , they sounded weak. now I'm gradually getting used to compressed sounds. After many years of linear amplification, my brain needs a long time to adjust. Anyway, it's better than analog sounds! I now can hear better in noise and can avoid unnecessary loud sounds that were very disturbing in the past.

As for sumo DM, it's best hearing aid in the market for profound hearing loss. It's so powerful and has 8 channels and three gain adjusment in each channels and noise reduction preserving speech ! I wanted to get this hearing aid last year but couldn't get it cuz it was so expensive !
I now have Win 112 btes from Bernafon . They are powerful enough for my loss and I'm trying to find correct settings. Got it nearly 2 months ago :)

No dizzy for me today!

Analog Hearing aid is not great for my meniere's disease and BPPV. Too many sounds all at once and I get dizzy very easy. Digital is great .. I wore it all day today. No Dizzy! And no tinnitus too! Wow ... I only wore one for today. Too much barkings at my work. Lol ....Still learning thou.

Happy Digital!

That is great.. I am glad .. I was worried about as I do have meniere's disease and dizziness. I was afraid it would affect me? I really dont like to wear hearing aid much now as every time i wore it .. it always make me feel sick to my stomach and make my ear hurt??
I will get digital hearing aid to try out in two days. I am looking forward to seeing if it will help me or not. :)

Hoping it will work for you in long run! keep us update on that as I am curious about how your going etc.. k :)

Well not everyone can benefit from the digital hearing aid and everyone have different type of deafness. I have been wearing analog for 42 yrs. For the past 5 yrs, I have been wearing digital, first one is Bernafon which is hopeless and I have been going back to the audiologist many many times and then I gave up cos I got the feeling they are NOT listening to me at all. It really affecting my hubby and my family as they thought that I am not hearing them talking to me. I can hear them talk but I couldn't get what they are saying at times with all the damn digital effect in it. It was far different than when I was using the analog cos I can hear everything with it. I got stuck to this crappy digital hearing aid cos I couldn't afford to buy another hearing aid until now. Then now I got Sumo DM from another audiologist and paid a lot of money for it, I was expecting it to be more better than the other one but nope its the same sounding and its much stronger too. I almost going to throw it away in anger. Of course I have been going back to him many times to have it adjusted to suit me to no avail. Then my audiologist realize that digital sound effect is not for me and he configure it to make like analog. Now it is sooo much better. After 5 yrs of suffering (and my hubby & family suffering), I have made a good improvement and can hear everything with it.
I am saying not everyone can use digital and when anyone want to use digital after being using analog for many years, they should have a trail of it first to see if they feel comfortable with it and I would recommend Sumo DM cos it can be configured to analog.

Last edited:
I love it! I got them today. Best one I have ever had! No feedbacks, noise background cut down, and they are small! Also it helps to "mask" my severe tinnitus. Anyone has the same type of hearing aid as mine?

That's great... :)

I like SUMO and its nice...

Well not everyone can benefit from the digital hearing aid and everyone have different type of deafness. I have been wearing analog for 42 yrs. .........

Understandable. A 42 years is a looonnng time! Analog is not the right one for me due to my Meniere's. Mine about 30 years or so but I've stopped wearing them since '98 or so ... I occassionally wear only one aid -- just for special occassions - like wedding, parades, blah blah. I never enjoyed the sound anyway! Too many sounds at the same time cause me dizzy. Ugh ...
Pah yesterday my first time with digital aids! I can understand yours. I am happy you got it resolved and feel comfy with the analog again.

Happy Analog! lol

Back