Oticon Safari 600

robro182

Reaction score
Just found out today that our 6 yo inherited my hearing loss gene and will need HAs for sure, she's excited to be just like daddy :cool2:. Has anyone had experience with the Oticon Safaris? I've used Widex in the past, but wear Epoqs myself and have a pretty good experience.

Just wondering if they're good for kids in the mild to moderate range? If you can share the prices you paid in the U.S. for them that would be helpful too.

Thanks.

I think one of my friends kids thats she works with has these aids...she is on the forum I will tell her to come check out the thread for ya:)

Alicia would be talking about me...

Yeah, I know a girl who uses them. She is rough on them and they hold up well so far! They are nice and small too and come in some pretty neat colours.

She isn't really able to give me feedback on them, but I can say it was a massive fight to get her to wear her aids before but she asks for these right after she gets dressed.

Just found out today that our 6 yo inherited my hearing loss gene and will need HAs for sure, she's excited to be just like daddy :cool2:. Has anyone had experience with the Oticon Safaris? I've used Widex in the past, but wear Epoqs myself and have a pretty good experience.

Just wondering if they're good for kids in the mild to moderate range? If you can share the prices you paid in the U.S. for them that would be helpful too.

Thanks.

Sounds just like my situation - our 4 yr old girl has also inherited both of her parents' recessive hearing loss gene, and our audiologist has recommended the Safaris, too. She has a mild/moderate hearing impairment at the higher frequencies (2K, 4K, 8K), and there is little to no difference between the ears in terms of hearing performance. We've been quoted $1500 per unit for the 600 and $2300 for the 900, which has the binaural compression, synchronization and DFC as well as wider bandwidth.

We're trying to consider whether we can use the 600 vs. the 900 - if we can do very well with 600 (and save $1600 on both sets), we'll do that unless there is a real compelling reason to go with the 900.

I will be getting Oticon Sarfaris too! (I'm 15)
BTW, they're going to be purple

yeah, that might be good for the mild/moderate range but as for me, I'm now moderate-severe with a severe loss in both ear
I'm formly mild -moderate

wish you the best of luck with the Sarfaris!

she's excited to be just like daddy
OT but, Yay! That's good she's adjusting well to getting hearing aids etc. I saw you're in California. I know California is hoh friendly with Deaf Ed. Maybe you could contact the California School for the Deaf or Marleton School (in LA) to see if they could offer anything. (eg camps, after school playgroups, regional dhh programs etc)

Back