Oticon Hit Pros

huh. interesting. I've actually tried them. for me personally, i did not care for them. They were definitley not as strong as Oticon's Digifocus II SPs.

I have heard other people who really liked Digifocus too. So you are not the only one, although I never had them.

it does. but not enough for a profound loss. it is more for a severe loss.

The fitting range of todays high end HAs are up to 120db HL, but my audiologist says when your loss is that profound, you will never understand speech and probably not even sounds since youd be missing all your hair cells(aka cochlear dead zone) that's where transposition comes in.

Some people say that no HA can give enough benefit for a profound loss(90db or worse) but this isn't always true. Almost everyone with up to 110db loss can at least hear environmental sounds(like I do below 1000Hz) and many people can understand speech up to 90db loss, but some still can with even greater losses, the brain is amazing! Hearing *something* is better than complete silence. Would you rather hear at 100db unaided or 30, 40, even 50db aided?

5 ??? :shock: i don't think we are that close to stem cells being that advanced... unless i am waaaayyyy behind on whats been happening in the science/technology world?! :hmm:

http://www.alldeaf.com/hearing-aids...children-under-age-18-months.html#post1395402

i have oticon spirit 3 sp in left ear and spirit zest in right are the hit pros about the same as the sp or not as loud ? anyone know ?

Back