Other CI forums?

deafmama78

Reaction score
You guys, this CI forum is quite slow. :( Is there any other CI forums I could join, as I'd love to be more involved & talk to more people as I go thru my CI journey!! :)

Thanks!!
-Deafmama78

You guys, this CI forum is quite slow. :( Is there any other CI forums I could join, as I'd love to be more involved & talk to more people as I go thru my CI journey!! :)

Thanks!!
-Deafmama78
The CI forum tends to go up and down. Not everyone talks about CI. I don't talk about it much. Right now, there isn't really much to discuss except if it's good or bad, how it works, how you qualify, etc... but most of the top topics have been "discussed out". Heh!

Well, while I don't reccomend HE and HLAA in general, they do tend to have more chat about CI....I think...isn't there a CI site out there run by a hoh DODA, who later lost his hearing?

Thanks!!
-Deafmama78

There is a list of CI resources here: Discussion groups

I find CI Circle to be very informative and is a good community.

There are also various links and information on my blog Turn On My Ears! Please take a look and let us know if you find it helpful.

I'm not certain which implant you are going for but if you are interested Cochlear Americas also have a dedicated Nucleus forum. You can sign up here:

Nucleus Forum

I've belonged to it in the past and it's a nice little group and not just late deafened people either.

We used to have a nice, thriving group of pre-linguals here but the constant negativity has made it hard for people to feel they can come here for support and so many posters no longer come here. I hope that one day the moderators can create a separate place for those who want to debate and argue.

I'm not certain which implant you are going for but if you are interested Cochlear Americas also have a dedicated Nucleus forum. You can sign up here:

Nucleus Forum

I think I am leaning towards getting the Freedom by Cochlear Americas. My hospital only provides Cochlear Americas and Med-El as they do not work with Advanced Bionics, they said that there wasn't anything against AB, but just the fact on them not doing enough upgrades or something made my hospital decide to not use that company? If I wanted to go with AB, I'd have to wait until I can go to the University Hospital, which is where I originally prefer to go since it's nearby where I live & they are apparently well known to have an excellent CI program. But my insurance does not allow out of networks, that's how all my referrals were fucked up in the 1st place and I had to keep waiting nearly 2 mos before I could be sent to the right place that my insurance would let me go to, in network.

I myself don't care for the damn debates -- I think I am mostly just looking to make new friends to share CI experiences with, ya know? i don't know many people nearby me off-line who has CI. I know I think 5 ppl offline & lives in my state who has CI, only 3 of them still use theirs and they're all people I rarely get to see due to the distance. The other two stopped wearing theirs years ago. One got her CI when she was like 8? and stopped wearing it 9 yrs later. She said she loved hers while she wore it ut preferred not use it anymore but may re consider using it again later. The other got it around 9, and stopped wearing it like 2-4 yrs later. She said she hated hers & will not ever consider trying it again.

So, I am looking for online & offline friends who has CI & is willing to share their experiences, be there for me to support me thru my whole experience, etc.. I'd love it if I could come home & get on the forums & have a bunch of people waiting to hear how my surgery went & then a bunch of people being excited for me, waiting to hear how my activation day went, ya know?

Sorry if this sounds a bit lame or silly... :/

Nucleus Forum

I've belonged to it in the past and it's a nice little group and not just late deafened people either.

Oh shoot - I forgot to say I've tried joining that forum - the Nucleus forum but I've had no success yet... I'm not getting emails or anything. I submitted an email to subscribe to it but...??? Help! :[

Back